Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back On The Machine
RE: Back On The Machine
(04-15-2015, 09:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This is complex sleep apnea, and changing the brand of auto CPAP machine will not change the outcome. What the heck is it in Canada you can't get a proper trial on CPAP to show the problem, move you to BiPAP ASV and finally get you on some effective therapy? You should be mad as hell.

On my overnight sleep study, no CPAP, there were no centrals....just OA's
The centrals I get are pressure induced...I am getting a titration on CPAP so we can see them...I am doing well for a Canadian patient...lol

all is calm and peaceful in CPAP land...:-) well mostly...lol

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
In Canada, at least Ontario, the disorder of sleep apnea has been hijacked by organized crime.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 04:35 AM)player Wrote: In Canada, at least Ontario, the disorder of sleep apnea has been hijacked by organized crime.

That explains it...lol ThanksThanks

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 09:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This is complex sleep apnea, and changing the brand of auto CPAP machine will not change the outcome. What the heck is it in Canada you can't get a proper trial on CPAP to show the problem, move you to BiPAP ASV and finally get you on some effective therapy? You should be mad as hell.

Well in my part of Canada (B.C.) they took an overnight oxymetry about a month after I started the APAP and decided to add in oxygen. My AHI's were already rather low. The oxygen bought my sleep O2's back to normal levels. The main problem now is the noise the oxygen concentrator makes. I sleep with sound cancelling headphones above my FFM and probably look like a martian. After about four months with this get up I am finally feeling definitely on the upcurve.

I wonder if a ASV would help me as much as the oxygen/APAP combination has. Last night I got eight and a half hours under the mask, with two nightime visits to the loo to punctuate them.

So far I've made it to 2 p.m. with no urge to nap.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
So, major breakthrough on the SleepTech front. Had the usual, for me experience on CPAP, controlled OAs, but horrible CAs. And in a conversation with the sleep tech this morning, he said, wonder of wonders, that indeed the higher pressures cause me to have CAs!!! after a year of frustrations and outright denial, there is was...

He confirmed that the machine I have on loan will not deal with the CAs, duh!!, but for now, that is the next few days, we will play with single pressures to deal with the OAs.

I feel that there is a little bit of light in the tunnel now, but still a ways to go to having restorative sleep....

So trying a single pressure of 10, I may ramp it up to that for 20 mins...

one breath at a time..

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
After 5 nights on the new machine, and the admission from the tech that I have "Centrals", I am thinking of getting a used VPAP machine as it seems the medical system here in Canada is content to let me suffer.

I know somewhere in one of my older posts that there were some suggestions for machines, but any new suggestions would be great...

I am getting a little desperate and my already sick wife who I caregive for does not need the stress of watching me suffer more...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
oh boy...

talked with the sleep tech this morning...not good

Yes they carry ASV machines, no I can't try one without a prescription...he asked me if I had not had a sleep study, and I said yes, but no centrals...only get those on the machine.
He then back tracked his saying I had centrals by stating the machines are not that smart...that only a titrated sleep study will be able to tell...
OK, so I get to wait 4 months...my wife is furious and is threatening to cart me off to the doctors with laptop in hand...lol

I can't buy a machine without a prescription, unless its a private deal, so I am stuck in Apnea hell for a while...

one breath at a time...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
storywizard... if you did not have centrals in your sleep study, perhaps they truly are treatable with lower pressure and less variation in pressure. It seems there are several folk who needed to turn off EPR/Flex and set for straight cpap --- and at a pressure that relieves the worst of the OSA without invoking CA. In persons with that issue, it can also change over time as your body gets used to the new gig.

I understand you wanting a quick fix and an end to the suffering, but perhaps you should give it a shot; you best therapy may be a lower straight pressure. Data will be your friend in deciding if that is going to help or if you need more... and data is what will be your weapon to get the prescription you need in that case, as well. Fixing apnea is a long term thing; and your needs won't be static - that is why I appreciate having Sleepyhead and a data capable machine...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the reply...

yes I agree...

going down to 8 cms tonight, wearing a pulse ox....

There is a DME near me that uses an overnight test that checks effort for breathing, may be worth a try...

My main frustration is that I went through all this last year, for over 3 months before I quit, and it is hard having to do it all over again...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night on CPCP and Oximeter..pressure of 8

got rained out after 4 hours lol

not sure if these are central....

[Image: April-20_1_zps1g9virjy.jpg]

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.