Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back after 3 years to try again.
RE: Back after 3 years to try again.
Thank you to everyone so far. I thought I'd give you an update. 

A few night's back I used a chinstrap and ripped it off after about an hour and a half. I got too hot and claustrophobic. I did it back on after a break (similar to the one in the png). The following day I purchased cervical soft collar. I lasted about an hour longer but woke with a clanger of a headache. I managed to put it back on but then the same thing happened and woke with a headache. I'm thinking I may need a smaller collar.

Last night, screenshot attached, I used the chinstrap and tape. The first hour or so was bliss. The first time I'd experienced that. But after an hour and a half I took it off again with some anxiety. I must get the guilts after 3 or 4 hours and then put it back on. When I did so last night, it was without the chinstrap and the tape.

The AHIs for the days missing were 5.93 and 4.48.

This is really hard work and my sleep experience is overall terrible but I intend to persevere. The 1.5 hours of bliss over the last 5 nights was worth it. I'm going to try repeatedly with the tape and chinstrap and see if I can overcome the anxiety.

I wake up with a very dry mouth and wet nose. OMG I've gone canine. I thought the wet nose may indicate the humidifier is doing its job. The dry mouth I'm guessing is because of mouth breathing in the second session.

One minor problem is itching. It might be minor but I suspect it is why I ripped off the mask last night. I get an itch under the mask and it drives me crazy.

Thanks again for all your help.

[Image: sJN9y1M.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're going to use a nasal interface, just get the Airfit P10 and at least it's only on the end of your nose. Those leaks at the end of the night look pretty bad, but everything else is 4x4.

You notice all that flow limitation and median pressure? It might mean your minimum pressure is too low. Event rate is not too bad, so just remember to take two dog biscuits before bedtime and sleep soundly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I have the Airfit N10. Is the P10that much better?
Post Reply Post Reply
Different, not necessarily better.

The N10 goes over the nose and has adjustable headgear. The N20 is a newer, improved (IMHO) version which is more similar to the Wisp which I use sometimes.
The P10 sits under the nose, with a strap that is split at the back to allow adjustments. I don't think it works well if you have a large head - it didn't for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get nose itches, or leaks along the bridge of your nose the P10 solves that. It is quieter and...

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,955 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,005 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 675 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 514 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.