Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back from the hospital
Gross 
What a night for a snow storm. I did some grocery shopping. The snow was bad. The bus was re-routed. I got off the bus at what would be a makeshift transfer point. The connecting bus never showed. I was in the snow for - a long time until I made my way over to a nearby store and just collapsed on the floor. They sent for an ambulance and was taken to the hospital. Diagnosis: hypothermia. So I guess I was on my way to freezing to death. When I was released I crawled into a warm bed, turned on the heat on my CPAP and tried to get some sleep. 4 or 5 hours. It was already the middle of the night. It's almost noon. I got up not long ago. To those of you who have to face winter, be careful. It really makes me wish I had a car.
Cold
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you made it in ok, Ugly.
Thumbs-up-2
I know first hand that Canadian winters are serious business.
(Former refugee from Quebec. Doncha know? )

Speedy recovery!
Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
Geeze Ugly,

You really had a rough night!

Glad you're on the mend, just take it easy until next year so you can at least get your new S9 AutoSet.

Smile

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Glad you are OK!!!!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2012, 07:30 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Geeze Ugly,

You really had a rough night!

Glad you're on the mend, just take it easy until next year so you can at least get your new S9 AutoSet.

I'm really looking forward to it. My RT called and left a message. My ClimateLine (heated) hose request has been processed and I can get it in the new year. She said that at that time she can adjust the pressure on my CPAP. Too late. But the doctor has prescribed an AutoSet finally so I'm hoping to trade in my "brick"

Post Reply Post Reply
Take care and look after yourself.
Glad you're better!
Post Reply Post Reply

Sean,

Glad to hear you're okay. Be safe. Once you get your S9 AutoSet and have tried it out for several days, be sure and do a review HERE.

Sleep-well
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 09:28 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Sean,

Glad to hear you're okay. Be safe. Once you get your S9 AutoSet and have tried it out for several days, be sure and do a review HERE.

I've already been impressed by the S8 AutoSet II that I borrowed for three weeks in late fall. I never did figure out how to turn on the setting to start it when I put the mask on. It was listed but didn't give me any options. I'm not sure what I missed but I took close notes of the AI/HI/AHI which of course was impossible on the S9 Escape. I look forward to being able to plug it in to ResScan and see just where I'm going with all of this. But it's nice to have people listening to me.

Oh yeah. The option was given, an AutoCPAP or just increase the pressure. I said to him and to VitalAire that I wanted an AutoSet machine. And I emphasized, NO Philips models. To me, Philips should stick to making screwdrivers. The REMstar SE turned me off them for good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sean, sure you want to publicly post your prescription here? If you don't think it's a risk, fine... let me know if you want me to remove it though.

Glad you're getting a decent machine finally!

Thumbs-up-2

Admin EDIT: PDF prescription file removed from post, per Sean's request.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Greek healthcare system collapses, hospital workers now working without pay SuperSleeper 25 6,068 12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  [News] Hospital Medical Devices Used as Weapons in Cyberattacks AlanE 0 374 06-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Back to being a duck, or drowned rat... retired_guy 1 460 09-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Health] Survived yet another hospital stay. Peter_C 6 1,637 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  I am Back (Moved to Off-Topic Forum) Schnauzers 5 1 1,261 11-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Cool I'm back (Moved to Off-Topic Forum) Moe 5 2,459 05-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher