Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back in French Polynesia, Time zone problem
Cool 
Back in French Polynesia, Time zone problem
We made it back to Tahiti. Been using S9 two nights on the boat now with pretty good success.

I have a problem though, when I reset the S9 to the current time due to the time zone changes here, it gives me an error saying the data card already has data for this time and refuses the time change.

Is the best method to just wipe the data card? Seems a bit harsh. Or remove it for one nights recording?

I can look at them and subtract 5 hours from each timeline. Seems like there ought to be a more intuitive way for travelers than just pretending the times.

Thanks as always.

Cool
RE: Back in French Polynesia, Time zone problem
Try changing the time in the afternoon, not the morning. See if that works.
(03-03-2015, 02:46 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Try changing the time in the afternoon, not the morning. See if that works.

Yeah, I tried that. Just tried it again. It says current time in the machine is 16:50 and I try to reset it to 11:50 and it throws up the error. The data recorded from last night ends at 10:05.

Just found in the clinicians manual:

Quote:Date: Sets the current date or time. If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past then an ‘Invalid date/time, data exists for this period’ message is displayed.

Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data – available under the Configuration menu.
shoot! I'd rather have data that a standard clock. But, maybe not so important to you...
In retrospect a spare SD card would have prevented this. It's a shame to lose the compliance data.

That said, P-R machines are set to UTC (Zulu.) As a world traveler, perhaps that would be the way to go with the S9 -- set to UTC date and time; and you'll never have the issue with the Way Back machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
I thought about setting it to GMT and forget it. Should have probably done that in the beginning. I would then have to adjust the Day Split setting in SH to be correct as timezones change.

Honestly, the "compliance data" means nothing to me. I purchased the machine and am not "complying" with anything. I would think that having downloaded everything on the card into SleepyHead, wiping the card and starting over tomorrow I wouldn't really lose anything at all that I care about. It should all be stored in SH at this time.

As I understand how the data card works, it just keeps adding data till full then starts deleting the oldest records to make room for the new ones.

Am I thinking clearly about this or is there something that Sleepyhead will hang up on during the next import after wiping the card.

(03-03-2015, 05:56 PM)SailingAway Wrote: Am I thinking clearly about this or is there something that Sleepyhead will hang up on during the next import after wiping the card.

Shouldn't be a problem. Since you can put a new card in the machine and have it work.

I just remembered, compliance data is kept on the machine for 365 days. It will be re-written to the erased card.

In fact, for some reason my machine will occasionally object when I re-insert my SD card -- it erases it and works fine.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
(03-03-2015, 04:57 PM)SailingAway Wrote: Yeah, I tried that. Just tried it again. It says current time in the machine is 16:50 and I try to reset it to 11:50 and it throws up the error.

(03-03-2015, 05:56 PM)SailingAway Wrote: Honestly, the "compliance data" means nothing to me. I purchased the machine and am not "complying" with anything. I would think that having downloaded everything on the card into SleepyHead, wiping the card and starting over tomorrow I wouldn't really lose anything at all that I care about. It should all be stored in SH at this time.

As I understand how the data card works, it just keeps adding data till full then starts deleting the oldest records to make room for the new ones.

Am I thinking clearly about this or is there something that Sleepyhead will hang up on during the next import after wiping the card.

I'm thinking the problem is you had to set it so far back. I'm thinking if you had tried to set it only back to 12:15, rather than 11:50 you would have been fine, then adjust the balance the next day.

But, in your case as you surmise it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference. The important thing is that you send us some rum from the islands.
The entire planet should run on UTC. But, it would be like when the US tried to go metric. Some gasoline pumps were set to liters; and people were too confused. Even the British, upon which the English units of measurement were inherited, were able convert to kilometers and liters.

Let's take a poll!
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Just download everything to your computer from the card and delete the machine's user data. Start over. You really won't lose anything since you have it on SleepyHead.

The only problem there might be is when you try to download the data the next day and there is a time conflict. In that case, your only choice is to start a new profile.

Do the time math and try to not sleep until the time on SH and the time of the new machine settings won't cross.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.