Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after a week off & new machine
Thumbsup 
Back on cpap after a week off & new machine
Well it was a long week waiting for my new machine to arrive. My 3.5 year old BMC Resmart went into blinking cursor mode.
I got a RESMED AirSense 10 AutoSet and am using FX Swift nasal pillows and no humidifier.
First night numbers, hours 8, pressure 8.3, leak 10 l/min, ahi .1, central 0.0.
So I'm a very happy camper again. Not sure how to interpret the leak. Interesting to see the pressure at 8.3 which is around the same as my old machine ran at on auto. My sleep doctor didn't think this was enough.
He was bothered by the fact that my machine was only applying 7 - 8 cm of water. He expects some one my size to be 10 - 15 cm of water. So off to the sleep lab for an over night study.

I had my study with the outcome being my pressure should be 14cm of water. The Dr suspects that the low pressure provided by my acap could be due to the algorithm or my relatively narrow nasal airways.
So will be interesting to see what a weeks data looks like.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back on cpap after a week off & new machine
That's a great machine.

There's definitely some trial and error in CPAP. Neither an in-lab test, or an auto CPAP always finds THE right pressure. Also, it's sometimes a tradeoff.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 89 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,971 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,734 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.