Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
Right now they are waiting to hear back from the place I got my last machine on my old insurance to see if my sleep study is still ok to use or if I need to get a new sleep study done. They say since I wasn't compliant on CPAP last year I'd have to have a sleep titration done.
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason, I couldn't import the last few days of data besides last night but I tried the simplus mask again and it seemed to be okay besides a leak issue which I believe showed on the last time I used it as well.  I still feel nice and rested and I remember dreaming quite a bit more as of late. I did just order the Airfit F30 and am excited to give it a try to see how it does.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks better than where we started. The periodic breathing is just variable breathing and nothing to be concerned with. Still dealing with some leaks. Regarding pressure, at a minimum of 14.5 you snore, and every time your machine drops below 16 you get a snore and it goes right back up. That is no accident, it is telling you the precise pressure where your airway stabilizes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2020, 03:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks better than where we started.  The periodic breathing is just variable breathing and nothing to be concerned with. Still dealing with some leaks. Regarding pressure, at a minimum of 14.5 you snore, and every time your machine drops below 16 you get a snore and it goes right back up.  That is no accident, it is telling you the precise pressure where your airway stabilizes.

I had it at 16 before after you mentioned that once awhile ago. I must have changed it on accident in the last week or so. Back to 16 tonight that's for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if you have a DME that monitors your therapy, but your machine settings can be changed remotely if that is the case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2020, 06:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't know if you have a DME that monitors your therapy, but your machine settings can be changed remotely if that is the case.

Nope, I did have a DME last year but I was having trouble being compliant so it was taken back. I bought the current machine on my own from a website. I am doing a telehealth appointment with a sleep doctor on Monday to see if he wants me to do another study to get a BiPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you discuss this, focus on your need for higher pressure and desire for greater comfort. All you want is a script for an auto bilevel (Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto) to improve comfort, and to use pressure support to control snores and inspiratory flow restriction, rather than just CPAP pressure. Focus on that, and your demonstrated ability to self-titrate to find effective, comfortable settings. It would be ideal to get a prescription, without a sleep study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll do my best to get the point across. Should I mention using oscar to read my machines data to dial in my current settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used them with my pulmonary doc earlier this year. I think you'd have had a read on the doc and whether or not he/she would be acceptable to OSCAR charts. I can't see it hurting to have them on hand to try it. If doc balks at it, lay on a heavy dose of the complaint list of your take on the requirement to switch machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so on the 10th was just horrible the first half. Used the Dr Dakota wedge and simplus mask on my back as you can see not good results. Took the collar off & also relaxed the mask fit as I put it on too tight at first while also switching to my side to sleep rest of the night. 

[Image: full-night-05-10-20.png]

[Image: First-segment.png]
[Image: Segment-2.png]

May 11th Slept on my side with no neck support and with a simplus mask again. It went fairly well till I developed a leak at the end there and ended up taking it off half asleep I can remember my mouth being just utterly dry. Quite clear that side sleeping is for me going forward. Still going to my sleep Dr Wednesday to do my best to get a bipap while avoiding another sleep study. 

[Image: Full-night-05-11-20.png]
[Image: first-segement-05-11-20.png]
[Image: second-segment-05-11-20.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 8 123 1 hour ago
Last Post: DKane
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,895 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.