Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
I think we can bin the Dr Dakota. You need to find or adapt something else as a neck support. The problem is still positional. Wth regard to machines, I don't thnk charts will be as persuasive as just telling your doctor, "I need high pressure to resolve my apnea and often am at 20 cm with the auto CPAP. My events are still not resolved, and the CPAP pressure is uncomfortable so I still feel tired and fatigued. Do you think we could try bilevel pressure? I have heard teh Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is a very comfortable and effective device".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was under the impression that after pressures of 15, BPAP was to be a near automatic direction. Maybe that's for the good docs only. You need to quickly get from Complaints 101 to Masters degree levels. Tell the doc all the discomfort and disruptions to sleep. Firm and polite, demand a change.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2020, 07:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think we can bin the Dr Dakota. You need to find or adapt something else as a neck support. The problem is still positional.  Wth regard to machines, I don't thnk charts will be as persuasive as just telling your doctor, "I need high pressure to resolve my apnea and often am at 20 cm with the auto CPAP. My events are still not resolved, and the CPAP pressure is uncomfortable so I still feel tired and fatigued.  Do you think we could try bilevel pressure? I have heard teh Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is a very comfortable and effective device".

Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to use that kind of phrasing.

(05-12-2020, 08:42 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I was under the impression that after pressures of 15, BPAP was to be a near automatic direction. Maybe that's for the good docs only. You need to quickly get from Complaints 101 to Masters degree levels. Tell the doc all the discomfort and disruptions to sleep. Firm and polite, demand a change.

Here's hoping I get a good dr!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried out the Amara view again after adjusting the top strap that lifts the nose part up a bit and I think I fixed all the problems I ever had with it! All that junk at the st art of the night was before I got to bed I am sure and I was doing stuff so probably swj. I also bumped my min pressure to 16.5 and no more snoring! Though the last 2 nights my mouth has gotten incredibly dry even with my humidifier going might need to bump it to 5 which I thought I had.... 

[Image: full-night-05-12-2020.png]

[Image: first-segment-05-12-2020.png]

[Image: second-segement-05-12-2020.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on victory with the mask. Hope your successes continue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is great, and now you know what your titrated pressure is. This justifies the use of bi-level which will directly address the residual hypopnea and comfort issues with pressure support. Good job.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok dr gave me two options. Insurance wanted me to get a in lab study to ok through a DME. Or he can write me a script out right which is the way I am going. For a aircurve 10 vauto Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2020, 01:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: like
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Yeah was saying sleep study would be like 3-5 which would hit my out of pocket but I'd still pay so much of it ends up being cheaper for getting it outright.
Post Reply Post Reply
If used is okay, keep an eye on marketplaces like Dotmed, Offerup, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and even EBay. Supplier #2 and #33 have had good prices new and used. You can afford to wait on a good deal but you’re really going to notice the difference. If you tell me what part of the country you are located I’ll do some searches.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 8 122 28 minutes ago
Last Post: DKane
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,884 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.