Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
Had probably my best night sleep last night again woken up by my cats a little early but no biggie still feel nice and refreshed was able to wake up from the sleep fog within a minute and be alert. It used to take me forever to be fully functioning and not groggy in the mornings.

[Image: full-night-may-16-2020.png]

[Image: semgment-may-16-2020.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty amazing change from where we started the journey. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2020, 08:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Pretty amazing change from where we started the journey.  Well done!

Not to mention my BP is at its lowest in a long time 121 > 76 with 61 BPM HR. Usually much higher than that.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a great BP adjustment. Hope it stays that way for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=22976 Wrote:SarcasticDave94 pid='350816' dateline='1589731348'][attachment=22977]That's a great BP adjustment. Hope it stays that way for you.

Today it's within that range still thankfully & had another good night's sleep. I need to find something to tire out my cat before I go to bed so he doesn't wake me up in middle of the night or earlier than I want. 

Going to keep posting my nights maybe every other night going forward unless there's a big change from one night to the next.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my aircurve 10 today. In settings it has min epap and max ipap. If I put min epap to 11 and max ipap say 20 and make pressure support 5.6 my min ipap would be 16.6?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP min of 11.0 + PS 5.6 = IPAP 16.6 with a range to 20/14.4 The feel is going to be very different, and I don't want to load up PS without knowing how you respond. In addition, the Vauto is more responsive than the Philips, specifically for flow limitation. Comparison of these two devices becomes almost absurd because they are so far apart in performance. The Vauto will quickly achieve and maintain the therapy pressure you need.

I think for a first night, I'd like you to use EPAP min 11.0, PS 4.0 and IPAP max 20. Once we see your response to the recommended pressure support we can discuss if there are advantages to increasing PS or working with EPAP. I prefer a more conservative approach to starting a new therapy, and while you are free to "go large", pressure support is a particularly sensitive component of therapy. It is not unusual for users to find they tolerate a lower pressure with the Vauto, so let's give this a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
(05-19-2020, 03:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: EPAP min of 11.0 + PS 5.6 = IPAP 16.6 with a range to 20/14.4  The feel is going to be very different, and I don't want to load up PS without knowing how you respond. In addition, the Vauto is more responsive than the Philips, specifically for flow limitation.  Comparison of these two devices becomes almost absurd because they are so far apart in performance. The Vauto will quickly achieve and maintain the therapy pressure you need.  

I think for a first night, I'd like you to use EPAP min 11.0, PS 4.0 and IPAP max 20. Once we see your response to the recommended pressure support we can discuss if there are advantages to increasing PS or working with EPAP.  I prefer a more conservative approach to starting a new therapy, and while you are free to "go large", pressure support is a particularly sensitive component of therapy.  It is not unusual for users to find they tolerate a lower pressure with the Vauto, so let's give this a try.
Was just using those numbers as an example and will use that you suggested.  Smile I take it not to tweak the trigger or cycle settings just yet either right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Having never used a machine that had those myself, I can't speak with knowledge. I would think defaults should be acceptable. Maybe see the results, tell us your report on the feel of therapy and that helps form actions to adjust X Y or Z.

If others say different go with their suggestion. And sincere best to your success. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ti timing and trigger/cycle sensitivity are tools we have in our hip pocket to fine-tune titration once we have an idea where you need to be. For now, we should stick to defaults of Medium and 0.3/2.0. That usually allows your spontaneous respiration cue to lead the parade. We can and will adjust after having a baseline.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,809 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.