Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
I must say I am freaking impressed after the first night on the Aircurve 10 auto. Pressure support of 4 at min epap of 11 max ipap 20. 

[Image: Full-night-may-19-2020.png]

[Image: segment-may-19-2020.png]

[Image: segment-2-may-19-2020.png]

I've slept well with the settings I had on the dream station the last week but last night was like way way better night of sleep then even those.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had some snoring but I'll take it with results like this. That and I wanted to test something so I fell asleep on my back & probably spent most of the night that way & still achieved this which is crazy to me. Again the airfit f30 is just amazing though I will say to get it just right I switched out the headgear with the Amara View headgear since it's a bit more stretchy than the resmed one.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lone OA event appears to be an arousal where you changed position, and may not be an OA during sleep. It appears you rolled over and actually got back to sleep quickly. The settings we started with here, controlled OA, and resulted in very low flow limitation (95% of 0.02) which is really what we wanted to see. Pressure support of 4.0 appears to be effective, and did not trigger CA events. With EPAP min at 11.0 the pressure only varied by 1-cm through the night. This suggests you might be able to drop pressure to 10.0, but consistent pressure is less disruptive, so I'll recommend you maintain this to establish a baseline before indulging in experiments. Your snore index is practically zero, and without the full-night chart I don't see anything to be concerned about. I'm certain this was more comfortable. This is classic for how bilevel resolves OA with lower pressure and then attacks flow limits, hypopnea, snoring and RERA with pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 08:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The lone OA event appears to be an arousal where you changed position, and may not be an OA during sleep. It appears you rolled over and actually got back to sleep quickly.  The settings we started with here, controlled OA, and resulted in very low flow limitation (95% of 0.02) which is really what we wanted to see.  Pressure support of 4.0 appears to be effective, and did not trigger CA events.   With EPAP min at 11.0 the pressure only varied by 1-cm through the night. This suggests you might be able to drop pressure to 10.0, but consistent pressure is less disruptive, so I'll recommend you maintain this to establish a baseline before indulging in experiments.  Your snore index is practically zero, and without the full-night chart I don't see anything to be concerned about.  I'm certain this was more comfortable.  This is classic for how bilevel resolves OA with lower pressure and then attacks flow limits, hypopnea, snoring and RERA with pressure support.

It was a totally different experience from the Dreamstation. Looking forward to seeing how the next week plays out with these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fell asleep on my back again tonight and as you can see pressure needs went way up this night. Any time I remember waking up was on my back and switching to my side maybe once but when I finally woke up was on my back again. I am going to try using some spare pillows and blankets to make something to prop me up on my left side as well as use a tennis ball in a shirt pocket on my back to deter me from laying on my back too. Still, overall a good night of sleep woke up refreshed and alert.

[Image: Full-night-may-20-2020.png]

[Image: first-segment-may-20-2020.png]

[Image: Second-segment-may-20-2020.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I now see why this was recommended. Any slight flow limitation this thing responds so easily and makes sure nothing happens. Feel like a different person waking up and being alert in 5 minutes instead of waking up feeling like I was roofied for a long time. 

[Image: full-night-may-21-2020.png]

[Image: first-segment-may-21-2020.png]

[Image: second-segment-may-21-2020.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try increasing PS to 4.4 and see if we can knockout the last bit of flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2020, 08:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's try increasing PS to 4.4 and see if we can knockout the last bit of flow limitation.

Can do!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not the best night of sleep but okay once I woke up and got the mask back on. I think I put it on a bit too tight at first which is why I ripped it off. I woke up when I did but dozed off again before I could get it back on. 

[Image: may-22-2020-full-night.png]

[Image: may-22-2020-segment.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not much difference from the therapy POV. Try again, and if comfort tells you to go back to original settings, it’s good by me. Somehow we may have knocked this one out of the park on the first swing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 166 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,104 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 190 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.