Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
(05-23-2020, 07:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not much difference from the therapy POV. Try again, and if comfort tells you to go back to original settings, it’s good by me. Somehow we may have knocked this one out of the park on the first swing.

We shall see how it goes I feel like we sure hit a grand slam on first pitch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept fairly good though I was looking through the chart. I looked at the hypopnea event and saw a few other spots that looked just like it in the flow rate but were not marked as such which is strange to me. 

[Image: may-23-2020-full-night.png]

[Image: may-23-2020-first-segment.png]

[Image: may-23-2020-second-segment.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I see both as RERAs, I suspect the scoring algorithm took the hypopnea designation over the RERA one as hypopnea is considered more serious because of the greater blockage.
Both are a series of flow limits ending in arousal. The unlabeled one the reduction was less severe than the one labeled as a hypopnea. It not uncommon for CPAPs to miss RERA definitions. Any place you see flow limits showing up may be a place that RERAs are happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2020, 04:05 PM)bonjour Wrote: I see both as RERAs, I suspect the scoring algorithm took the hypopnea designation over the RERA one as hypopnea is considered more serious because of the greater blockage.
Both are a series of flow limits ending in arousal.  The unlabeled one the reduction was less severe than the one labeled as a hypopnea.  It not uncommon for CPAPs to miss RERA definitions.  Any place you see flow limits showing up may be a place that RERAs are happening.

what should I do if I continue to see these in my flow rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
From a numbers point of view, ignore them. Seriously ignore them. Only to be chased if you have significant symptoms, and you are stating 'none'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to put the card in the machine yesterday. 1.06 AHI woke up from my vitals 116 sys 68 days 65 bpm. Also, I've been dreaming much more & way more frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling really good after last night's sleep. Scores slightly above or below 1.00 as of late. Waking up fairly fast no brain fog for hours after waking up. Though the machine has had to ramp up to the max pressure a few times though if it's doing its job I don't mind at all. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread with suggestions on how to alter my treatment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would try to lower your Min EPAP pressure because your numbers are so good/excellent.
Drop your min EPAP by 1 then compare how you feel and see what, if anything happens to your numbers. The overriding issue is how you feel.
It is always better to solve issues with the lowest amount of pressure possible. There is no problem with where you are at pressure wise, this is just to see if pressure can be lowered WITHOUT you feeling worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2020, 07:56 AM)bonjour Wrote: I would try to lower your Min EPAP pressure because your numbers are so good/excellent.
Drop your min EPAP by 1  then compare how you feel and see what, if anything happens to your numbers.  The overriding issue is how you feel.  
It is always better to solve issues with the lowest amount of pressure possible. There is no problem with where you are at pressure wise, this is just to see if pressure can be lowered WITHOUT you feeling worse.
Can do tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 164 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,070 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 571 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 472 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.