Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
RE: Back on cpap after some months off
Glad to see this reduction to EPAP 10 tried. After your first night on vauto I commented that it appeared you could tolerate lower pressure, and this seems like a good time to give it a try. It's really satisfying to see how much better this therapy is for you than CPAP. I think your doctor will enjoy the feedback at some point as well.

I made a change in the title to alert readers of the change from CPAP to Vauto because I think it is an important story for others faced with the frustration of unsatisfying CPAP therapy. Hope that is okay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at page 8
That's totally ok. Though I did change my post and thread settings so for me it's on page 3 or so I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back on cpap after some months off. Vauto at Post #71
I feel like I woke up once or twice to move positions and of course the 2nd time when I took my mask off but once I put it on I was able to fall asleep fairly quickly. I had one Central pop up but not sure if its a legit one either way not really worried about that. few hypopneas again and at least 1 real OA event. Might just pump it back up to 10.6 or 11 after another night if OA's are still there outside of SWJ.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There is not much we need to improve in your therapy, and your experiments around this effective range all seem reasonable. It reminds me of an old television where you have a pretty good picture an are just turning the antenna to improve the image (we used to do such things). Bilevel therapy seems like a natural choice for you and you can now appreciate how minor adjustments you didn't have with CPAP can make a difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 07:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is not much we need to improve in your therapy, and your experiments around this effective range all seem reasonable.  It reminds me of an old television where you have a pretty good picture an are just turning the antenna to improve the image (we used to do such things). Bilevel therapy seems like a natural choice for you and you can now appreciate how minor adjustments you didn't have with CPAP can make a difference.

I remember the good old rabbit ears on top of the TV before we got cable. Once we did though it was about descrambling the "other" channels lol. This has been a great change really my mood has improved and has more energy and doesn't procrastinate as much with things I need to do anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Probably my last update for a bit unless anything drastic changes. Another really good night still flow limitations but the machine is picking them up and knocking them down fairly quickly. Thanks again to everyone for helping me get to where I am.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The remaining FL is probably not worth chasing, but compared to your Dreamstation CPAP you can appreciate why we were not satisfied, even when we optimized the pressure on that device. I'm glad you have a supportive doctor, and that you were motivated not to wait around for the system to catch up and provide the right therapy. It's a significant investment, but it appears to have been worthwhile.

We are here to discuss your therapy when needed, meanwhile feel free to pay it forward and help others benefit from your experience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just quick update things are going well. I did go back to 11 as my minimum epap and seems to have smoothed out a few more FL anywhere from .5-1.5 ahi a night now. Any OA that shows up on the chart which has been very few are usually positional and or swj. Thanks again for all the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy has been going well usually at 0.6 or lower and have had a few nights with 0.0 or 0.1 lately as well and have been much more rested and energy throughout the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to hear back. Sounds like the Vauto is a win!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 155 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,992 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 859 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.