Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on the machine...well sorta
RE: Back on the machine...well sorta
Here's data from last weekend...last meaningful amount of time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
With a pressure range of 7.4 to 14.4 EPR 2 the results are fine. The only thing that stands out to me is your minimum pressure is way out of range with your median of 11.24 cm. Since you describe a sense of suffocation, I would increase the minimum to 10.0 and hopefully all will be right with the world. It's hard to tell, but it looks like your respiratory flow rate is pretty rough until your machine elevates pressure close to 11.0 at around 23:57. That might just be sleep onset, but given your complaint, and these relatively good results, that's all I can think of. The OA event at 01:30 also occurs as pressure drops to that level. Basically your minimum pressure is out of range for your needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 04:50 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: I currently operate with humidity off, but I put either cold water or ice cubes in the tank....

What do ice cubes or cold water do if the humidity is turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 01:00 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: What do ice cubes or cold water do if the humidity is turned off.

You get passive humidification with no heat. With the Resmed machines, what's called the humidifier setting in the controls is named wrong; it's actually the heater setting. To really disable the humidifier, you can remove the tank and replace it with Resmed's custom side panel. Or leave the tank empty, of course.
"I wanted to be a Boy Scout, but I had all the wrong qualities.  They were looking for kids who were trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.  Whereas I tended to be devious, fickle, obstructive, hostile, rude, mean, defiant, glum, extravagant, cowardly, dirty, and sacrilegious."  (George Carlin)
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
What Mr. Drywaller said... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 04:50 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: I currently operate with humidity off, but I put either cold water or ice cubes in the tank....

Oh! Oh! Oh!  Ah never thot uv that!  Whut a grrreaaattt ideer!  Even in the winnertime, I like to breathe cool air and almost never care for humidification, but never thought of your trick.  Oh! <dancing for joy>
Post Reply Post Reply
My coughing came back for about a week, and finally subsided enough (with assistance from NyQuil) to try the new suggested settings.

I managed 6+ hours (a new record) and work with the mask on in the morning for the first time. So I'd call that progress...then I went to the charts...which to me don't look so good.... Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Don't let a 0.2 increase in AHI worry you. The large leak is actually marginal and you maintained therapy longer, in spite of congestion. Seems fine to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 77 88,446 11-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in. FrankNichols 18 1,784 10-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Ohmy Any tips on Back-Sleeping with the Amara View? Hydrangea 10 445 09-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  back vs. side sleeping yankees123 12 683 08-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Help, one step forward, two steps back sleepless badger 8 374 07-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sleepless badger
  Coming back to Cpap fyero 9 398 07-21-2018, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  OSA went away, and now back after 10 years Mountain Head 11 503 07-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: mayuh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.