Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on the machine...well sorta
Back on the machine...well sorta
So, after some 8 weeks of fighting *constant* breathing problems, I have subdued my lungs to the point (thank-you Big Pharma) to the point where I can once again attempt to slay the CPAP dragon.

I finally solved the seal issues on the Philips Amara View mask...my leaks have been consistently at 0 according to the machine....

The first night was promising 3.3 hours on, with 1.8 AHI ...  but I woke up and I could not get back to sleep with it on.

The next two nights were head congestion fails....

Gonna try again tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back on the machine...well sorta
Keep at it. You'll get there!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
So far...pretty much the same level of success as before....not more than a couple hours at the start of the night....then I wake up feeling like the damn machine is trying to suffocate me.

Last night was 59 minutes....
Post Reply Post Reply
If you could post a chart from sleepyhead it would help to figure out whats happening. The links for downloading and posting are below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Doubtfire61, either your pressures are to low or you have to low humidity, at a guess.
As Walla Walla says, post a few data charts from Sleepyhead.
Let the dog see the rabbit.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I've suspended use again, as my coughing has returned....

I'm going to put the data today and hopefully can post my meager results tonight.

DF
Post Reply Post Reply
What are your humidity settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently operate with humidity off, but I put either cold water or ice cubes in the tank....
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that the coughing is throughout the day...air quality vs. allergy issues
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Dreamwear ffm. It's way more comfortable!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 514 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 395 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 233 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.