Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back on the machine...well sorta
RE: Back on the machine...well sorta
Here's data from last weekend...last meaningful amount of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a pressure range of 7.4 to 14.4 EPR 2 the results are fine. The only thing that stands out to me is your minimum pressure is way out of range with your median of 11.24 cm. Since you describe a sense of suffocation, I would increase the minimum to 10.0 and hopefully all will be right with the world. It's hard to tell, but it looks like your respiratory flow rate is pretty rough until your machine elevates pressure close to 11.0 at around 23:57. That might just be sleep onset, but given your complaint, and these relatively good results, that's all I can think of. The OA event at 01:30 also occurs as pressure drops to that level. Basically your minimum pressure is out of range for your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 04:50 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: I currently operate with humidity off, but I put either cold water or ice cubes in the tank....

What do ice cubes or cold water do if the humidity is turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 01:00 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: What do ice cubes or cold water do if the humidity is turned off.

You get passive humidification with no heat. With the Resmed machines, what's called the humidifier setting in the controls is named wrong; it's actually the heater setting. To really disable the humidifier, you can remove the tank and replace it with Resmed's custom side panel. Or leave the tank empty, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Mr. Drywaller said... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 04:50 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: I currently operate with humidity off, but I put either cold water or ice cubes in the tank....

Oh! Oh! Oh!  Ah never thot uv that!  Whut a grrreaaattt ideer!  Even in the winnertime, I like to breathe cool air and almost never care for humidification, but never thought of your trick.  Oh! <dancing for joy>
Post Reply Post Reply
My coughing came back for about a week, and finally subsided enough (with assistance from NyQuil) to try the new suggested settings.

I managed 6+ hours (a new record) and work with the mask on in the morning for the first time. So I'd call that progress...then I went to the charts...which to me don't look so good.... Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't let a 0.2 increase in AHI worry you. The large leak is actually marginal and you maintained therapy longer, in spite of congestion. Seems fine to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.