Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back sleeper [causing problems]
RE: Back sleeper
It's possible to sleep on your back and control apnea. Although I prefer side sleeping I had to sleep on my back for a couple of months because of a surgery. I found that a buckwheat chaff pillow conformed with a hollow to keep my head low and a ridge to support my neck plus a soft cervical collar worked quite well. My AHI numbers were consistently below one. I thought the combination might be uncomfortable but it wasn't.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back sleeper
(09-03-2017, 07:50 PM)AngeliqueFox Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 07:38 PM)Beej Wrote: What about more of a sitting up arrangement? Maybe a reading pillow? I've found that somewhat helpful.

Now that i didn't think of for some reason lol Hmmm they do have wedge pills, wonder if that would be deep enough. Maybe mention it to my Dr when I go back. Ugh I may as well get used to just dealing with this forever.... I can see it now, sleeping with a wedge pillow I'd throw it off the bed cause it was in my way lol

They also make wedges used in physical therapy. Maybe putting it under the sheet, so you cannot toss it out.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,875 3 hours ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,426 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 142 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 253 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 492 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 901 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.