Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back sleeper [causing problems]
RE: Back sleeper
It's possible to sleep on your back and control apnea. Although I prefer side sleeping I had to sleep on my back for a couple of months because of a surgery. I found that a buckwheat chaff pillow conformed with a hollow to keep my head low and a ridge to support my neck plus a soft cervical collar worked quite well. My AHI numbers were consistently below one. I thought the combination might be uncomfortable but it wasn't.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back sleeper
(09-03-2017, 07:50 PM)AngeliqueFox Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 07:38 PM)Beej Wrote: What about more of a sitting up arrangement? Maybe a reading pillow? I've found that somewhat helpful.

Now that i didn't think of for some reason lol Hmmm they do have wedge pills, wonder if that would be deep enough. Maybe mention it to my Dr when I go back. Ugh I may as well get used to just dealing with this forever.... I can see it now, sleeping with a wedge pillow I'd throw it off the bed cause it was in my way lol

They also make wedges used in physical therapy. Maybe putting it under the sheet, so you cannot toss it out.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,492 5 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 112 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 224 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,668 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 358 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 173 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.