Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back sleeper [causing problems]
RE: Back sleeper
Actually I think you do need CPAP even if you sleep on your side. Looking at your sleep test summary it shows an increase in API's while on your back. That's normal for most people. But it doesn't show 0 Apnea's while on your side. What it show's is an average of 16 API with 26 API while on your back. I think you need to realize that the CPAP is the only way your going to get better sleep.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 07:38 PM)Beej Wrote: What about more of a sitting up arrangement? Maybe a reading pillow? I've found that somewhat helpful.

Now that i didn't think of for some reason lol Hmmm they do have wedge pills, wonder if that would be deep enough. Maybe mention it to my Dr when I go back. Ugh I may as well get used to just dealing with this forever.... I can see it now, sleeping with a wedge pillow I'd throw it off the bed cause it was in my way lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping at an incline helps my husband's sleep apnea, unsure of effect on back pain. You can get a set of plastic risers for your bed frame for about $8 at Walmart. So cheap experiment, just put them under legs at head of bed instead of all four.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 07:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Actually I think you do need CPAP even if you sleep on your side. Looking at your sleep test summary it shows an increase in API's while on your back. That's normal for most people. But it doesn't show 0 Apnea's while on your side. What it show's is an average of 16 API with 26 API while on your back. I think you need to realize that the CPAP is the only way your going to get better sleep.

Oh I do realize I'm stuck with this thing. But, to be honest, for the reasons I went looking for help in the first place... it's not helped one bit, so I'm trying everything and anything at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go read the information on this link. It'll help you get started here. A lot of people here can help you setup your CPAP to give you the best results.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 08:50 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Go read the information on this link. It'll help you get started here. A lot of people here can help you setup your CPAP to give you the best results.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Yea, not doing that. I'm still seeing the Dr. and they are monitoring my sleeping nightly. But thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you could download your information and read it on sleepyhead without touching the settings. At least that way you could track your progress day to day without talking to the Doctor. Wouldn't affect what the Doctor sees at all.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 09:13 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Well you could download your information and read it on sleepyhead without touching the settings. At least that way you could track your progress day to day without talking to the Doctor. Wouldn't affect what the Doctor sees at all.

I've been using dream mapper, so every morning I can tell how my night went. And I did install and already check out sleepyhead. Now to figure it out Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go. Beginners Guide to SleepyHead. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

If you ever change your mind just post your Sleepyhead data here and someone can talk you through it. Good luck with your treatment.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
If you were to post your sleepyhead data and ask for talking points for your Dr. That could be done. Dream Mapper is a good summary, sleepyhead can go down to breath by breath in detail for the entire night. It is always yourchoice on what changes, if any, you choose to make.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 78 34 minutes ago
Last Post: Hurdsy
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 217 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,615 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 166 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 198 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.