Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back to CPAP
RE: Back to CPAP
If your little uptick in CAs is due to the changes in your settings, over time the CAs may settle down, as your body adjusts. As has been said above, they are nothing to worry about.

The next time you post, I'd be curious to see a non-zoomed screenshot, just to have the overall context.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better -- that's excellent!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon
The brand which had a machine with a "bump effect" was Kaerys, a French company which has been then acquired multiple times and then disappeared
The model was called KSX Bump
See the link here (only proof of its existence I could find on the web - see the "Bump" next to the buytterfly) :
https://shop.cephalon.eu/Temp/Images/100...-N-899.jpg

The way the technician had explained to me was that once the KSX had detected an event, the machine was generating a very short peak of pressure (the "Bump") as to knock your muscles around the airway and get it open. So, we would have seen a peak on the pressure curve  earlier, and shorter, than the increase we see in Resmed pressure curves when event occurs. Not sure about efficiency though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all,

5 more days of results. I continue to feel better rested (even if I tend to consider the "better" as the new nornal)

Dormeo, you were writing that you would be interested in a non zoomed screenshot, do you mean one full night with
  • Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Flow Limit

• Snore?
I was also planning to have one "30 days" overview with the same to show the trends

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good to hear you continue to feel better, and yes, those are the key graphs for a screenshot of a Daily view.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot

Here are the 2 charts
-note that night of Jan 20th, I had forgotten to put the Data card back in the Resmed
-night of the 23rd is what I would call now a typical night with AIH of 2.2 and a total time in apnea at 4 to 5 minutes. Sleep time was longer as this is a Sunday

And very strange... a bit ashamed to admit, I had a friend for diner before night of 22nd; we drank quite some alcohol and I was expecting to pay it with a pretty high AIH... and this was the lowest AIH I experienced since I started. Be sure I won't apply it as a therapy Smile , but it looks weird to me 

My settings :
-Min press at 8
-Max press at 15
-EPR at 2 and Full time
-Ramp / Pressure at 5 for 5 mins
-And I am wearing the SCC

Thanks and good day to all

Post Reply Post Reply
My results with alcohol vary, and as long as I have a chance to rehydrate before bed, it doesn't bother me. Nice you got a chance to have some dinner and drinks. Your trend is in the right directon and it looks like things are working out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you continue to feel good with your current settings, stick with them for a few months. You might then want to try raising EPR again to 3, just for comfort. To compensate, you'd probably want to raise your minimum by 1 to maintain your minimum exhale pressure. You'd want to see whether the CAs started cropping up again.

But it's very nice just to roll with what you have, so over all, as Sleeprider says, don't worry unless you see an upward trend in your AHI.

(I had an extra cocktail and some outdoor socializing several months ago and had one of my best nights of sleep that night -- and an AHI of 0. Go figure. Like you, I haven't made a habit of it, though!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dormeo and Sleeprider

I will stick to those settings for now, and even continue to keep my DS setting close to 0 (DS = Drunk-sleeping)

Have great nights!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.