Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back to F10 - can't stop breathing
Back to F10 - can't stop breathing
through my mouth that is...

I started this journey with an F10 and an AHI of 15 to 30. After two weeks I had gotten the AHI down to 6.5 to 8.5. Not great, but in the right direction.

So, having read how happy everyone (most) are with P10, I decided to try one. I spent almost two weeks with it now. I had to buy a chin strap to try to keep my mouth closed, and after a few days with it I figured out how to keep it on most of the night. (I apparently have a very slippery head, both it and the P10 would keep slipping off as I flopped around)

So, last night was to be the big night. I very happy with the comfort of the P10, I was able to wear the chin strap all night, and the results of brief 1 to 2 hour test naps middle of the day. Woke up to a RED frown on my machine, putting on my glassed I could see it was Events - sigh...

AHI is back up to 18 a I seem to prefer my mouth open, even with the chin strap on very tight. So, back to F10 tonight and I will spend a couple more weeks trying to get it's AHI down to under 5.

[Image: pillowsfail.png]
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing
With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 08:06 AM)AlanE Wrote: With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?

I'm surprised you are not on an ASV machine.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
The central apnea reading is very high, but the consistent large leaks all night could well be skewing the result. Have you experienced a high level of centrals previously?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 08:06 AM)AlanE Wrote: With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?

I was prescribed at 10 CPAP. My CA's go down with the OA's. At AHI 6.5 my CA's were 3.5.

The sleepy doc discussed the CA's, and warned against using APAP at least until we saw how thew CPAP was going to work out. He wants to see if the CPAP can get the AHI under control, and if so, go with that, if not, then he is pretty sure there will be not issue moving up to a ASV.

I am not convinced the CA's are real. But what do I know, this is all new to me!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 08:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?

Hmm, no I haven't. That's an interesting idea. My problem with the P10 is mouth breathing, maybe that would help. I will pick one up today and get it a few days trail to see what happens before going back to the F10.

Thanks for the great idea!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 09:17 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 08:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?

Hmm, no I haven't. That's an interesting idea. My problem with the P10 is mouth breathing, maybe that would help. I will pick one up today and get it a few days trail to see what happens before going back to the F10.

Thanks for the great idea!

Make sure you measure your neck before ordering.
Amazon has several cheap "soft" foam like collars, with many size options.
I have one, not for mouth breathing, but because I tend to tuck my chin down to my chest when sleeping and that stops me from doing that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 71 4,436 44 minutes ago
Last Post: weuw
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 27 619 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 127 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 487 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 902 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.