Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back to ffm *sigh*
RE: Back to ffm *sigh*
(04-23-2016, 08:12 PM)allynpsych Wrote: Feeling a bit frustrated. I love my swift nano for her nasal mask because it's comfy and I can sleep on my side and fall asleep right away...

I too loved my nasal pillows, but when I had to switch to a FFM it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I think the nasal pillows helped me get used to things, so it wasn't a difficult transition. One advantage is that the FFM leaves no marks on my face in the morning. The nasal pillows straps and chin strap both left marks.

With the right pillow geometry you can probably continue to sleep on your side. I use the papillow but any pillow with a similar shape should work. It needs to have a small foot print, but be thick. This allows me to hang my head on the side.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 07:28 AM)allynpsych Wrote: So, I used the nasal mask last night with a knitted head band pressed into service as a chin strap, tightened with a hair tie on the top of my head. The head strap of the mask helped keep it in place and I had no large leaks! MyAir gave me a 20/20 score for mask fit! So... I guess I'm adding chin strap to my set up. I also used a thin cotton sock with a hole in the toe and some of my daughter's hair ties as a make shift hose cozy. I have a heated climate line from the machine but the hose that connects to the nasal mask is unheated. No rain out last night either. Wore it for 4hr, 7 mins last night with 0.4 events per hour, so not too bad!
Rolleyes
I would love to see a pic of your setup, just as you are getting ready for sleep!
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, so much for the small pillows theory. Lat night didn't work well at all. It is very frustrating.

First thing I am struggling with now is that the pillows idle at about 10 L leak while the fem idled at about 0. grrr...

I am going to beat this one way or the other...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
the intentional leak rate for the p10 is very nearly the same as the average full face mask, compare the intended vent rates in the back of the manuals.

perhaps you didn't have the mask fully assembled, and it was leaking more because of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 02:00 PM)palerider Wrote: the intentional leak rate for the p10 is very nearly the same as the average full face mask, compare the intended vent rates in the back of the manuals.

perhaps you didn't have the mask fully assembled, and it was leaking more because of that.

someone pointed out in another thread that I had the wrong setting - sigh - so embarrassing, I had the P10 set for Nasal and not Pillow in the settings...

I am running another test tonight and I expect better results

Thanks,

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 02:05 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: someone pointed out in another thread that I had the wrong setting - sigh - so embarrassing, I had the P10 set for Nasal and not Pillow in the settings...

I am running another test tonight and I expect better results

it doesn't make a difference on leaks, the leak levels are *VERY* similar. your pressure will be a little higher as the machine compensates for the higher resistance of the P10 mask vs a nasal mask.

maybe you've got a small hole in one of the hoses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,420 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 492 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 901 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 373 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 281 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 524 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 227 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.