Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backing up ResScan data
RE: [split] Backing up ResScan data
Drmick, you have a lot of questions, but I think a few procedures will take care of all of your issues. From Elliot's comments, I have learned one important thing. It is important to power down the S9 before removing the SD. I was not doing that and that is where my goofy error messages were emanating from. All you have to do is (while you are not using the machine for cpap) hold the on/off button down for a few seconds until it goes black/blank. Then remove the card and flip the little lock switch to the locked position.

Once you do this, your data should be safe. Another thing I've learned is that Sleepyhead is a bit more user friendly in that you can import the data from where ever you tell it. Rescan demands it come directly from the SD card.

Sooooo. first thing after making sure the card is locked, I insert it into my laptop. Elliott, I think copies the contents to another SD card and uses it from that point on. I do not do that. Like you said Drmick, I have a backup folder on my desktop with subfolders, each named with that day's date and I copy the contents of the SD card into that directory.

At this point if I want to play/experiment in Sleepyhead, I can open it, click import data, and tell it where that backup directory is, thus not opening my SD card in Sleepyhead.

Since my data is properly backed up, I am brave and let Rescan open my files directly from the SD card. Since I have started powering my S9 off/on properly, I have not had a single issue. So, that's how i'm doing it. Also while i'm in Rescan I create a custom report that has all data selected and I save those reports named with each days date. These reports are Adobe PDf files and are completely independent of my computer, S9, or anything else. I have these to fall back on if all hell breaks loose, I can just print them out. Hope this helps.

PS. you mentioned something about ejecting the SD card in windows. Yes, that's always a good idea. Windows may be trying to read your card, but with it locked, I don't think it can write anything to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 06:11 PM)drgrimes Wrote: Drmick, you have a lot of questions, but I think a few procedures will take care of all of your issues. From Elliot's comments, I have learned one important thing. It is important to power down the S9 before removing the SD. I was not doing that and that is where my goofy error messages were emanating from. All you have to do is (while you are not using the machine for cpap) hold the on/off button down for a few seconds until it goes black/blank. Then remove the card and flip the little lock switch to the locked position.

Once you do this, your data should be safe. Another thing I've learned is that Sleepyhead is a bit more user friendly in that you can import the data from where ever you tell it. Rescan demands it come directly from the SD card.

Sooooo. first thing after making sure the card is locked, I insert it into my laptop. Elliott, I think copies the contents to another SD card and uses it from that point on. I do not do that. Like you said Drmick, I have a backup folder on my desktop with subfolders, each named with that day's date and I copy the contents of the SD card into that directory.

At this point if I want to play/experiment in Sleepyhead, I can open it, click import data, and tell it where that backup directory is, thus not opening my SD card in Sleepyhead.

Since my data is properly backed up, I am brave and let Rescan open my files directly from the SD card. Since I have started powering my S9 off/on properly, I have not had a single issue. So, that's how i'm doing it. Also while i'm in Rescan I create a custom report that has all data selected and I save those reports named with each days date. These reports are Adobe PDf files and are completely independent of my computer, S9, or anything else. I have these to fall back on if all hell breaks loose, I can just print them out. Hope this helps.

PS. you mentioned something about ejecting the SD card in windows. Yes, that's always a good idea. Windows may be trying to read your card, but with it locked, I don't think it can write anything to it.

Licklips Licking my lips to get going. I just picked up my ResMed Auto Set with WISP mask and am taking it for an awake spin as I type this post.

Thanks
You're right. Just telling me what has been tested and works was want I wanted anyway.

Got a quick question though. While the repiratory therapist was setting up the Auto Set, I took the SD card out and it said "ResMed" on it . I read on the Forum somewhere that if you did NOT have a ResMed card you did not need to download the drivers offered by ResScan when you were installing the program on your computer.

Also, I also read that downloading the drivers caused some people problems; so, I'd like to avoid that; however that leads me another question.

What's the best way to deal with the time when you have to mail in the original card to your DME so the respiratory theraist can evaluated how you're doing in 30 days. After mailing it in, there's no SD card in your Auto Set.

I think someone told me the days you logged on the oomputer continued to be stored on the machine, and when you got the card back, the Auto Set just updated the card with the data from all the days the machine was running without the card.

That's fine, but from what I understand, you wouldn't be able to see those days in Sleepy Head or ResScan with no card in the Auto Set.

In addition, I read information of the Forum that when one does download ResScan they need to avoid downloading the three optional drivers that are used to read, for example, proprietary SD Cards.

However, the card in my ResMed Auto Set has the Res Med label; so, what did you do when you download ResMed.

The ResMed 4.3 thread on the forum lists the following link for downloading:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only. That page instructs you to spend an email to obtain the program and ResScan's manual.

Is that where you recommend getting ResScan?

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 08:50 PM)drmick3 Wrote: The ResMed 4.3 thread on the forum lists the following link for downloading:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only. That page instructs you to spend an email to obtain the program and ResScan's manual.

Is that where you recommend getting ResScan?

The auto-responding email gives out the direct link to the ResScan install file on ResMed's own web site. It's the best and safest way to download it - I wouldn't trust any other download site myself, other than the ResMed site that's in that email.

We do it via email to keep the link from being public so that ResMed won't take the link down due to abuse.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 08:50 PM)drmick3 Wrote: Got a quick question though. While the repiratory therapist was setting up the Auto Set, I took the SD card out and it said "ResMed" on it . I read on the Forum somewhere that if you did NOT have a ResMed card you did not need to download the drivers offered by ResScan when you were installing the program on your computer.

Also, I also read that downloading the drivers caused some people problems; so, I'd like to avoid that

That instruction refers to the card READER, not the card itself. An SD card from ResMed is the same as any other SD Card.

Go to http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf to see the card reader that the instructions are referring to. It is ResMed stock no. 36931. If you are using this SD card reader, you need the driver. If you got your SD card reader from an electronics store, or you are using one which is a permanent part of your computer, you do not need the driver.

I am using the S8 card reader, which is stock no. 22207 on the same PDF, and the second item listed in the instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 06:11 PM)drgrimes Wrote: Sooooo. first thing after making sure the card is locked, I insert it into my laptop. Elliott, I think copies the contents to another SD card and uses it from that point on. I do not do that. Like you said Drmick, I have a backup folder on my desktop with subfolders, each named with that day's date and I copy the contents of the SD card into that directory.
You sent me a PM that said, NOTE: as you are clicking down into the path, stop after you click on profiles. You will see whatever name you entered when installing Sleepyhead. ALL YOUR DATA is inside that profile. There are more sub directories, but if you copy your profile you are sure to get everything. [But, no data is there since all I've done is insert the card into my computer's card slot. Don't I have to use Sleep Head's Import function (or copy/paste something off the SD card in my computer's card slot) before I can copy my user name in SH's Profile [with data now in it} and paste it into a Backup folder of my choosing on my USB External Drove?] While you can see your profile name in the bottom box, right click it, then left click, "send to......desktop shortcut. This way you can just click this shortcut, and copy/paste all you want.

I read somewhere on another forum that you put the cursor on the SD card's drive letter and copy/paste the entire card in order to get all the data. Is that what you go, or do you do something else like copying the DATALOG on the SD card where I can see a bunch of files from last night's first session?

Can drgrimes or anyone else clarify this.

Almost there!Help
Post Reply Post Reply
DrMick, yes you can simply right-click the SD drive, left click copy, then right click the folder you want to copy it in, and click paste. It will create a folder inside a folder called "Removable Drive". Inside it, is all your data. You could just rename the "removable drive" folder to the date to accumulate all your data on a daily basis.

This might be a bit confusing. When you right click anything in Windows, it just gives you a shortcut menu of available options (cut, copy, paste, rename, delete etc.). If you do a normal left click or double click it will open it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2013, 06:11 PM)drgrimes Wrote: Drmick, you have a lot of questions, but I think a few procedures will take care of all of your issues. From Elliot's comments, I have learned one important thing. It is important to power down the S9 before removing the SD. I was not doing that and that is where my goofy error messages were emanating from. All you have to do is (while you are not using the machine for cpap) hold the on/off button down for a few seconds until it goes black/blank. Then remove the card and flip the little lock switch to the locked position.

Rolling laugh

SD Card: Duplicate or Copy All Files

I'm so excited! In Sleepy Head, I had an AHI of 2.18 for 16 hours over two nights of sleep. The same in ResScan but broken down into 0.4 OSA's, 1.4 centrals, and 0.2 unknowns. That's with all kinds of garbage from leaving the Auto Set running on a bathroom break, fiddling with how loose the WISP would work, day-time getting used it, etc.

To put this in perspective, my AHI was 80 from the sleep study results, and my respiratory therapist at the DME said 30+ was in the severe OSA range!

But, my important question.

I'm backing up SH and ResScan and locking the SD card, but cards can get damaged. I'm thinking the easiest thing would be to make a second card that I could give to my DME for analysis and insurance, since a card in the mail is what they expect anyway. Besides I'd have a card for the machine while they had my card for days as well.

So,my question is the following: Is iit sufficient to just buy a second card and put it in the S9 Auto Set, new, and would the machine just update it with all the data I previously downloaded to the card the DME gave me when I picked up the machine.

I'm hoping that would work since the next questions would be 1) can one just copy/paste all the files from the original, DME card to the second, clean card or 2) does one have to clone the original card to the new card.

Hope things are going well for you and many thanks again.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't mail my SD card to my DME. If your DME isn't too far, I would recommend taking it to them and let them get the data and then take your card back with you.

There is a device they can put on your machine where it downloads the data. Saves everyone time and travel and the potential loss of the SD card in the mail, especially at Christmas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 04:16 PM)me50 Wrote: I didn't mail my SD card to my DME. If your DME isn't too far, I would recommend taking it to them and let them get the data and then take your card back with you.

There is a device they can put on your machine where it downloads the data. Saves everyone time and travel and the potential loss of the SD card in the mail, especially at Christmas.

One of my first questions to my DME was whether or not the Auto Set would internet the data over, and they said they had thought about it and still wanted to use slow mail. Go figure!
(12-21-2013, 04:16 PM)me50 Wrote: I didn't mail my SD card to my DME. If your DME isn't too far, I would recommend taking it to them and let them get the data and then take your card back with you.

Thanks

Oh, I forgot! I love the WISP mask you recommended. I was able to pretend I didn't have anything on and rolled from side to side with no problems, Two days of AHI at 2.18!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 04:26 PM)drmick3 Wrote:

One of my first questions to my DME was whether or not the Auto Set would internet the data over, and they said they had thought about it and still wanted to use slow mail. Go figure!

Thanks

Oh, I forgot! I love the WISP mask you recommended. I was able to pretend I didn't have anything on and rolled from side to side with no problems, Two days of AHI at 2.18!
Sleep-well

Glad the wisp is working for you. I am having good results with the wisp and chin strap as well. It has been a long time coming for me! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 287 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.