Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backing up data
RE: Backing up data
(11-19-2012, 10:00 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Not sure if these software programs utilize "hidden files", but if they do, you might want to select "see hidden files" in your folder options prior to copying the files onto other media. Sometimes hidden files are necessary to transfer if you ever want to import that data back into the software in the future. If you don't select the option to "see" those hidden files, they will not get transferred.

Not sure if this is the case with either SleepyHead or ResScan, however... Dont-know

I figured you and Paula have been around long enough to check it out.
However.... as with Paula I have been around the block, so to speak, with computer systems, except that I'm not afraid to handle storage medium. I recall one guy we knew who was paranoid like that. So when I picked up a 3½" disk and casually tossed it through the air to my brother he nearly fainted! LOL. Seriously I don't know the durability of SD cards and "memory sticks" yet. I don't throw them around like that. But I do like to know what's on my computer so I keep the hidden/system files unhidden or semi-hidden (faint or grey icons).

So let's check out ResScan. I put my S9 away for the next few weeks while I'm using the borrowed machine.
When I bought my latest computer some time ago it came with an SD card reader. Back then I thought "what would I ever need that for?"
Well now I know.
In the root directory, journal.dat has hidden/system attributes.
All the other files are "normal" files. SleepyHead may be different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,632 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 884 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 796 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,271 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Backing up ResMed 10 Data under Mac OS X - same for ResMed S9? mishld 2 970 04-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,063 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,049 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.