Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

RE: Backing up data
(11-19-2012 10:00 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Not sure if these software programs utilize "hidden files", but if they do, you might want to select "see hidden files" in your folder options prior to copying the files onto other media. Sometimes hidden files are necessary to transfer if you ever want to import that data back into the software in the future. If you don't select the option to "see" those hidden files, they will not get transferred.

Not sure if this is the case with either SleepyHead or ResScan, however... Dont-know

I figured you and Paula have been around long enough to check it out.
However.... as with Paula I have been around the block, so to speak, with computer systems, except that I'm not afraid to handle storage medium. I recall one guy we knew who was paranoid like that. So when I picked up a 3½" disk and casually tossed it through the air to my brother he nearly fainted! LOL. Seriously I don't know the durability of SD cards and "memory sticks" yet. I don't throw them around like that. But I do like to know what's on my computer so I keep the hidden/system files unhidden or semi-hidden (faint or grey icons).

So let's check out ResScan. I put my S9 away for the next few weeks while I'm using the borrowed machine.
When I bought my latest computer some time ago it came with an SD card reader. Back then I thought "what would I ever need that for?"
Well now I know.
In the root directory, journal.dat has hidden/system attributes.
All the other files are "normal" files. SleepyHead may be different.
11-19-2012 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,173 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 545 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 2,215 10-06-2014 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz
  Does reading the data card erase the data? Marnid2014 22 8,360 03-12-2014 12:36 PM
Last Post: retired_guy
  Backing up ResScan data drmick3 32 5,927 01-27-2014 08:33 AM
Last Post: me50