Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backorder AirCurve Bipap - What is happening?
Backorder AirCurve Bipap - What is happening?
My DME provider tried to give us an AirCurve bipap that does not have wireless data transmit capability because of a supply problem. They say the have no idea when they will get units that are fully capable. They say they have 28 people in line before me

Any ideas?

The say if I take the unit they have, I will have to pay out of pocket if I switch it out later when the fully capable units arrive
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backorder AirCurve Bipap - What is happening?
Supply chain shortages made it difficult and costly to get the modems so they stopped including them. You can use OSCAR without the modem so I’d say to go for the machine you need and not worry about the modem feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you notice the newer AirSense 10 AutoSets are now being sold without a Modem (due to supply shortages).  They are called Card-To-Cloud.  This means it doesn't have the capability to transfer data to ResMed MyAir, but does have an SD card you can use for OSCAR, ResScan or take the SD card to your doctor or DME for reports.  

I have heard that some of the AirCurve VAutos are being sold without the modem for the same reason.

I don't know why your DME labels the VAuto as "not" fully data capable.  You should ask them for clarification on that.  I think it only means it cannot transmit to "MyAir".

If you depend on "MyAir", then this might concern you.  Otherwise, it's the same machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2022, 06:18 AM)Abletree Wrote: My DME provider tried to give us an AirCurve bipap that does not have wireless data transmit capability because of a supply problem. They say the have no idea when they will get units that are fully capable. They say they have 28 people in line before me

Any ideas?

The say if I take the unit they have, I will have to pay out of pocket if I switch it out later when the fully capable units arrive

For most Apnea Board members, I don't see a significant advantage in a machine equipped with a modem vs one that does not have one.  Many members have opened up the machines to disable the modem for privacy reasons, and they still have full access to the data. Older Resmed Airsense and Aircurve 10 machines had CDMA modems which no longer work. I have one and don't care.  If you can move to the head of the line and get a machine without the modem, I would be first in line.  You can always document  use with the SD card and monitor your progress with Oscar.  No need for a modem, and it's a feature, not a downgrade.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For us, the wireless feature is quite handy - our sleep lab is out of town, so we would need to drive quite a distance to provide the data. Moreover, our sleep tech is closely monitoring and making adjustments to the device remotely. I am familiar with the SD card & I do use the card for use with Oscar in my current machine. The convenience remote data sharing is important to me
Post Reply Post Reply
Then you might want to be put on their waiting list. Or can you check on a different DME to see if they have any available?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with OpalRose above. Call your insurance company and see what DMEs they have in your area. If there is not one in your area, there are several online (see supplier list in the black marquee at the top of the page).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 91 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 965 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 211 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 190 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.