Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backstrap Issue - Nuance Gel Pillow Mask
RE: Backstrap Issue - Nuance Gel Pillow Mask
Yah Paula I totally agree. I'm still looking for the next best thing though. I like this one but you know us men, always searching for the better one, lol.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

I notice that your pressure range goes up to 20 cm/H2O. Do you spend much time near the max of 20? If so, do you see much increase in leaks?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I've actually got my pressure down to 18 right now to see if it cuts down on my lip leaks.

Luckily, no, I didn't go to 20 often. And when I did, there wasn't a leak to match it. I think the Nuance stays in place because it is outside vs inside the nostril. There's not as much push back. At least that's not my theory.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted you all to know that I appreciate the feedback, and I'm especially happy to find out that Respironics seems to have done something about that back strap. Like Paula, I love the mask, and would hate to change, but that sticky strap was a drag!
Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2014, 06:43 AM)brianps Wrote: Just wanted you all to know that I appreciate the feedback, and I'm especially happy to find out that Respironics seems to have done something about that back strap. Like Paula, I love the mask, and would hate to change, but that sticky strap was a drag!

Just for a test last night I put a little of the wife's baby powder on the gel pads and it took the sticky out of them for the night.
that might work for the headband also.
It wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I can add on the P10 side my pressure has been jumping up to 20 for the last few nights, (no idea why) and it is just plain waking me up, just about the same time now two days in a row. It isn't leaking but the pressure must be enough to bother me and wake me up. Very annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have insomnia and don't have any clocks visible. So when I wake up, I have no clue what time it is and can't link it later to an event on the data. But when I wake up, it is usually because of leaks or some other physical reason.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's hoping nothing wakes me tonight....
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 12:04 PM)brianps Wrote: Apologies if this has been dealt with in another post.

There has been a fair amount of discussion on this forum about the deterioration of the back strap on the Nuance fabric frame mask. It turns black and gets sticky and squishy over time.

I swear I'm going to have no hair remaining on the back of my head after pulling it off in the morning. And believe me, I have little to spare.

Is anybody aware whether Respironics has remedied this issue? I'm just about due for a new mask, and as much as I love this mask otherwise, I'm not sure if i want to deal with this issue again!

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. My first strap folded over and glued itself together after two washings according to instructions. Sent it back for a new one and found after one washing it did the same thing. Other than baby powder, has anyone seen any solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
They have since fixed it. The newer ones are do not do this. You can tell as soon as you feel it if it is a newer version of the headgear. They fixed it I guess about 4 or 5 months ago maybe? So if the supplier sells a lot of them, they should have these in stock. If you get it locally, go pick it up vs ship. Take it out of the box there and feel that strap. Fold the back strap over onto itself. It still kinda sorta almost sticks to itself but not nearly as bad. If it is still that sticky and icky, ask for the newer version. Insist on it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 41 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 106 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 666 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.