Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backup batteries
RE: Backup batteries
The best portable battery setup I've found so far is to buy M12 Milwaukee power tools lithium batteries which are pretty cheap and lightweight and the adapter for their heated jacket which has a 2.1 mm dc barrel jack. From there, you can buy a car adapter for your CPAP machine and a car to dc converter to plug everything together. Seems to work perfectly so far but I still need to try to spend one entire night with it just to make sure there is no problem. Based on my calculation, a 4ah battery should be enough to get me through the night and they have 6ah batteries if I want to have extra capacity just in case.

Note that the jacket adapter is rated for a maximum current of 2A. So if you turn on the humidifier, you'll trip the internal fuse. Also, it won't work as a ups obviously but this is a nice setup when you want to travel or camp with your cpap machine. Plus the batteries can power some portables lights.

Medical rated batteries are a racket in my opinon. They charge you at least three times what they are worth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,

I bought the recommended back up battery for my CPAP and I barely got 8 hours (turning off humidifier and hose). But at least I can bring it on an airplane. 

For my camping excursions,where I need more than one night, I got a battery off Amazon that gets me 5 nights and it’s much cheaper than the resmed brand......
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 05:07 AM)DarciWantsToSleep Wrote: For my camping excursions,where I need more than one night, I got a battery off Amazon that gets me 5 nights and it’s much cheaper than the resmed brand......

Please share the name of it!  :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes please share the name of it. Because everything I find that can last the entire night and still be comfortable is $500 up to $1,200 US dollars.

Not that I NEED something like that but it would be nice to at least sleep comfortably in a bad situation such as a long duration power outage.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Was thinking the same thing. Share the exact name so other can find it (but don't post an actual link so as not to run afoul of forum rules).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,196 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,677 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  I need a good backup full face backup mask TimtheEnchanter 3 544 06-24-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TimtheEnchanter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.