Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member some questions :)
RE: New member some questions :)
mc92, make sure that in settings, the Essentials is set to PLUS. On only gives on-screen information of therapy hours, PLUS tells you the AHI and type of AHI as well as leak information. If you turn that to PLUS you may be able to read your AHI information from last night. Be sure to use a 1 night average. If that information is available to you, post it.

Once you have looked, I would suggest resetting all therapy data. This is under the Configuration menu in clinical settings ERASE ALL DATA. This will take out your friends usage.

I would be very curious about the type of AHI you had and pressure information. An AHI of 24 is pretty exceptional.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks for the post. So, I went into settings on the old card and here is what it says and I would take this for what it is. I have only used it a couple times for a few hours I don't know how accurate this is. The first time I tried it I kept opening my mouth before it felt like pressure was too much "this was before I put on auto last night" and I took it off for a few minutes and let it sit there shooting air once ect. Also I can't find the essentials plus setting for some reason.

1 day sleep report on auto mode
Period 1 day
days used 1/1
days used >4 hrs 1/1
avg use 7.8 hrs
used hours 7.8 hrs
Pressure 13.4
Leak 10L/min
Ahi 18.3- that must be an average? because the last report originally said 24
total ai 16.2
central ai 13.3
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos to you for jumping in like this!

I had to chuckle at your idea of getting a GF so she can watch you sleep.

You could do your own "sleep study" by setting up a video camera, and running the cpap. Of course, this is oversimplifying a "real" sleep study.... but it would be *something*. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
hydrangea,

That's not a bad idea. I would have never thought of doing that in a million years lol. And I'll  keep my pickup lines in my head my last gf told me she would think about smothering me with a pillow every night "joking, I think Tongue"
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I woke up early after about 5 hours sleep,which is really rare. here are my sleepyhead results for last night. I'm really happy with the AHI but hopefully can do better. this is auto mode range of 8.4 - 16. any input appreciated thanks.

[Image: BkJkhkjl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day mc92 that's a pretty good result for your first (semi) full night. The pressure is adequate to almost entirely eliminate the obstructive apneas and hypopneas. There are a fair few clear airway events - my guess is that these are pressure-induced centrals. It's likely they will go away once you're fully adapted to the machine. If not, we can suggest some strategies to overcome them.

In the meantime, keep on doing what you're doing. The thing now is to get comfortable with the machine so that you sleep right through and feel much better for the experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with DB, that looks better than I expected. The variable pressure starting at 8.4 is good, and the CA you have is most likely normal sleep disruption from not being adapted to the machine. You deserve congratulations for the very low leak rate compared to your earlier attempt. You are not going to need the pressures at the upper end of your settings, and while it should not change anything to reduce those, a maximum pressure of 12 to 13 would not hurt a thing.

Seriously, one hypopnea and one OA the whole night. That rocks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
deepbreathing and sleeprider

Thanks a bunch guys. It's really awesome that I can get this kind of help for free and really appreciate what this forum is doing. Definitely  going to donate in a couple days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mc92,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you are off to a pretty good start.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 09:56 PM)mc92 Wrote: hydrangea,

That's not a bad idea. I would have never thought of doing that in a million years lol.

I have been chuckling to myself about this, and since you seemed to appreciate my humor, I thought I'd give you some tips on how to keep the whole thing authentic:
- spread goo throughout your hair and over your face, then stick bandages on top of the goo
- make the room too cold
- put some bungee cords around your chest and belly
- tape wires going down your legs
- have someone sitting outside your room, and call out to them to ask permission to get up and use the restroom (if you wake throughout the night)
- do this all in a hotel room

Laugh-a-lot

But seriously, you're doing great!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 135 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.