Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backup machine question.
Question 
Backup machine question.
I'm thinking about buying a used or in the box backup ASV machine, as my DME does not keep one in stock if something goes wrong with my machine. I'm currently using an Aircurve 10 ASV, but they are so expensive. Would you recommend that I purchase an S9 VPAP Adapt SV? Where can I get one?

There is also another reason I want a second machine; to keep at my grandma's house, but the reason for keeping it there is personal, in that I might need a fast escape from this place, and packing up my machine takes time. I have a stalker problem, and police and an expired restraining order aren't doing the job. I caught him following me a few weeks ago. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup machine question.
The S9 VPAP ASV does the same thing as your Aircurve. The other option is the PRS1 960 BiPAP Auto S/V
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 08:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The S9 VPAP ASV does the same thing as your Aircurve. The other option is the PRS1 960 BiPAP Auto S/V

Thank you. Do you know where I might be able to find a clean, used one, so I don't have to deal with my prescription, or doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Supplier number 2

I have bought from them - very good.
However as I am international your requirements re prescription might be different - you should have a copy of your current one and that should be good enough though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had three machines (CPAP, Bi-PAP, and a new ASV), and have never had any sort of failure. I keep the machine that I replace as a backup, but I've never used it.

Arthur
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 09:57 PM)ArthurLaurent Wrote: I've had three machines (CPAP, Bi-PAP, and a new ASV), and have never had any sort of failure. I keep the machine that I replace as a backup, but I've never used it.

Arthur

I want the second machine to keep at a relative's house, for escape purposes, but also as a backup.

I quite like my Aircurve 10.

Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2. Can use current perscription.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 is reputable and a good legitimate source for used, inspected machines. If you want to take your chances with Craigslist, the easiest way to find equipment is to search nationally using searchtemptest.com. If you enter search terms like Resmed VPAP SV, or BiPAP Auto SV, you will get hits. There are a lot of junk listings of old machines and over-priced units, and a few treasures in the mix. The biggest problem is Craigslist is not a great way to buy if you can't be there in person for the transaction.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My present machine came from #2. And I am very pleased with it. It was an open box special; and the price was reasonable.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,343 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 203 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 498 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,212 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 571 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,264 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.