Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Choices
Machine Choices
(12-22-2013, 04:29 PM)Doc J Wrote: To start this I was in a bad way, my girl friend said the snoring wasn't the problem I was jerking awake. ...
Long and short was I was diagnosed with 120 episodes each hour...
I had the full face mask from the study...
I got a nasal mask with the machine....
I then went on line and bought a nasal pillow set up and found it to be 10 times more comfortable then any mask....
I have used my machine an average of 7 hours a night since I got it (220 days), do not get tired during the day or driving.
I found this web site after 6 months...
I will buy all my equipment on line...
Looking forward to this site and seeing other people in the same boat as I, working toward a common goal, SLEEP
" Doc J " - Welcome to the FORUM.
It's good you are doing so well recovering from Apnea that was 2 OA(s) per minute!
In future POSTS, be sure to let us know what your Data #(s) are:
Since you have 220+ days under your belt, tell us what your
AHI has been... for the last 7, 30, & 60 days.
Also let us know your continent, country, and maybe even city you hail from !
Q - Are you a medical doctor... or just a good at sand lot basket ball
?

Have a good NIGHT !
Sam Ross... Novato, CA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
To fill in the blanks, I am not a medical doctor (old nickname). Maybe a doctor of electronics (been a tech for30 years). I live in central Nebraska. My AHI is listed as less than 2, pressure is 14. My machine has no card just internal string that you put into web site for info. I don't mind my machine just P*ssed at the source, I can see where more and daily info would be great. Maybe if I get them to cram that one (kidding) I would look into a machine with more recording of daily info. Thanks for the welcome, I like the idea of sharing with other people who would understand with first hand knowledge.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2013, 09:56 PM)Doc J Wrote: To fill in the blanks, I am not a medical doctor (old nickname).
Maybe a doctor of electronics (been a tech for30 years).
I live in central Nebraska.
My AHI is listed as less than 2, pressure is 14.
My machine has no card just internal string that you put into web site for info.
I don't mind my machine just P*ssed at the source, I can see where more and daily info would be great.
Maybe if I get them to cram that one (kidding) I would look into a machine with more recording of daily info.
Thanks for the welcome, I like the idea of sharing with other people who would understand with first hand knowledge.
Thanks for the info " Doc J " -- From what you say, I'm guessing your machine is one of the 9000 Series made by DeVilbiss, one of their older models that is a basic CPAP. Don't be put off by this older CPAP, for it looks like I have a much newer model auto Respironics model that we might need to reprogram as a basic CPAP!?
My firm belief is that there is no AutoPAP Machine made that has and runs a perfect algorithm that can any & every Apnea patient's problems. IF yours is an older CPAP with a single pressure setting, it certainly appears to be doing a good job for you... and I see that DeVilbiss' 9000 Series is known for being quite!
Regards,
Sam Ross
Post Reply Post Reply
As listed my machine is a 3Bmedical A9000 auto new in May. The model I see listed for sale now is a A7000 with a little different humidifier. My issue is they billed out $2500 and that new model is selling for $395 online. I'm seeing a bunch of Res med s9 on c list from people who gave up on using them, tempted to pick one up cheap and get more info nightly and a better machine at someone else's loss?
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc J if you are going to go that route, see if you can find an inexpensive auto set. I don't know about the supplier of your equipment and why they sold you what they did so I can't say shame on them even though they may deserve that being said!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks me50 I know there are several sub models to the S9 so I did think I was looking for an auto machine which is what I have and the only thing the Doctor really specified. As I said mine works great but does not have the card and cpu monitor function. I will look for the auto set model. I would rather talk some sense into the people selling them because they wouldn't have them if they didn't need one. I guess that is there business not mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
[split] Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Any supplier, especially if the person buying is uninsured, is in the business of making the biggest profit that they can. If you believe they overcharged you, check into where you can have that investigated. I don't know how much machines cost to the general public so what you paid may be the going rate. Having a machine that you can watch your data is worthwhile, IMHO.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,165 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,792 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [split] CPAP Machine Choices - Jerry Sends Buying CPAP Out Of Network Jerry Sends 11 1,684 03-01-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] High RDI low AHI. Overwhelmed with machine choices, OSCAR data, etc.. ldinks 8 2,655 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Oxygen Concentrator Choices mgwmgw 1 910 10-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Mask choices SueDonym 9 1,741 05-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.