Bad Weather
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Bad Weather
New storm warning after tornado

Britain could be braced for more thunder and lightning after a "special" type of storm swept across the country, bringing with it a tornado to some areas.

Forecasters said there was a "definite chance" of further thunderstorm activity after an unusual "supercell" storm travelled through the south Midlands on Monday afternoon, bringing rain, large hailstones, and a tornado in Oxfordshire.

The thunderstorm started in Wiltshire, and moved across Oxfordshire - where a tornado was reported in several places including Bicester, Eynsham, and Kidlington - then moved to Buckinghamshire.

Richard Glazer drove through the tornado with his wife and son on the A34 near Kidlington, Oxfordshire. "It was very wet, we were just driving on the A34 and looked up and realised one part of the sky was moving in one direction and another in the opposite direction," he said. "I thought, 'that looks like a tornado!' We pretty much drove through it, we were right underneath it. As we drove into it the trees were blowing left to right and as we got through it they were blowing the other way."

Forecasters said it was almost certainly a tornado, and the storm that caused it was thought to be a supercell storm - more commonly seen in the US than the UK.

Brendan Jones, forecaster at MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said it was unlikely there would be another supercell storm in the coming week, as they require very specific atmospheric conditions. However, heavy rain has been predicted for much of the country, which could bring more thunder and lightning, Mr Jones said.

He continued: "It's going to remain unsettled, there will be rain and showers around and there is a definite chance of more thunderstorm activity. This particular thunderstorm developed over the northern part of Wiltshire, and then gradually over the next three hours that storm tracked through Oxfordshire and into part of Buckinghamshire before eventually dying out before it got to Cambridgeshire. That's quite far for one thunderstorm to track.

"At the moment it's difficult to say exactly where the tornado was because while the parent thunderstorm travelled all the way across the south Midlands, it wasn't necessarily producing a tornado all the time. There has been more than one report of a tornado beneath this storm. There has also been some quite big hailstones."

He said the UK had seen plenty of reports of tornadoes and funnel clouds - which do not touch the ground - but not supercell storms, adding: "This one was fairly special."

The storm comes less than two weeks after high winds tore through Rugby, Warwickshire, blowing the roof from one home and damaging others, described by some people as being like a "mini tornado".

Its seems that we are getting more and stronger tornados these days Global warning maybe? Thinking-about
05-08-2012 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

RE: Bad Weather
Speaking of global warming, check out this story in the LA Times.

Dinosaurs' digestive gases linked to global warming

Enjoy!!! Huhsign

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-08-2012 08:43 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

We got a hailstorm the other day. We went out to cover our new lawnmower and it started raining. The drops were huge and very cold. We hurried and got back in. Less than 2 minutes later, it started hailing. Huge stones but luckily not that many of them. We've had worse ones where the hail was as thick as rain but small.

[Image: hail-043012-sm.jpg]

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-08-2012 12:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Wow. Those babies would hurt if they landed on your head.

Confused

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-08-2012 01:04 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

My Truck (that's its name) is fairly beat up before but I bent down and looked at the hood from the side. It's covered in these little round dimples.

Just up the road they didn't get rain nor hail. Gotta love these mountains.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-08-2012 03:31 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JumpStart Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ResMed Mirage Quattro

(05-08-2012 03:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  My Truck (that's its name) is fairly beat up before but I bent down and looked at the hood from the side. It's covered in these little round dimples.

A decade ago, I got a surprising amount of money from my insurance company for just such damage to the roof and hood of my car. Didn't have to ask for anything - just reported it, they sent an adjuster, and I got an on the spot settlement.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
05-08-2012 05:09 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

I wish I could. But My Truck is already well used. I doubt they'd believe me.

It has been used on a rural mail route too many times. The driver's side looks decent. The passenger side - not so much.

But thanks for the suggestion!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-08-2012 05:31 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weather Sites PollCat 8 2,129 06-14-2013 04:19 PM
Last Post: archangle