Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad experience
Bad experience
This is only my second post to this forum and I hope I'm posting in the appropriate place, but I want to let people know about a very bad experience with Supplier #9. It would be nice if I could help someone avoid another horrible experience with these guys. And I hope someone can help me out with information.
On 4/5/13 I ordered a cpap mask that I've used successfully in the past and a mask was sent promptly, but it was a different than what the website picture showed. I sent repeated emails with no response, until I found out that if I clicked on the 'send email' link on their website the owner sometimes answered. The owner of the company said the mask I ordered was discontinued and so he sent another one like it. I tried to communicate with him that the mask he sent wasn't the same and didn't fit at all, but he quit responding to my emails again.
Finally, after multiple attempts to get someone to talk to me, I threatened to give negative feedback and on 5/7/13 the owner sent me an email that said he sent out a replacement mask that day.
After a week and no mask arrived, I again tried to contact the owner with no response.
There's still no response to my attempts to communicate as of today (5/22/13) and no mask.
I'm using an old mask that needed to be replaced quite a while ago and it isn't working very well anymore. I have lousy insurance and I have to pay out of pocket and I need to be careful with my money. But I really need to sleep. And it would be good if I was breathing while I slept. Sad
I need to order a mask, but I don't know which online company I can trust.
I would appreciate any ideas!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad experience
I ordered stuff from Supplier #1 but that was years ago. I got what I ordered promptly. I know that others here have used them with good results.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Prior to becoming eligible for Medicare, I ordered all my supplies for several years from Supplier #1 and never had any problems.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 was absolutely brilliant. Answered emails immediately and sent goods within hours...and received within 3 days...to Australia Highly recommend them.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can dispute the charge on your credit card (I hope that's what you used) and the bank will investigate.
Hope you can hook up with a good supplier. I always work with Supplier #1 and have been always satisfied.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always gotten really good service from suppliers 1, 3 & 4.

Thanks for relating your experiences with supplier 9. It's good to be forewarned and I'll avoid doing any business with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used suppliers #2 and # 10
Both ship ResMed products overseas
Both very popular among Australian CPAP users

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2013, 12:48 PM)skyler Wrote: You can dispute the charge on your credit card (I hope that's what you used) and the bank will investigate.

I want to strongly encourage you to follow skyler's advice and contact your credit card company. My husband runs a small business and we discovered that the credit card companies often side with the customer not the business even when my husband provided the service that people paid for. Your credit card company can reimburse you the money if Supplier #9 does not correct the mistake or return your money.

Keep us posted on what happens. I hope you get this solved quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad experience--update
After much nagging and threatening to take action the supplier finally sent me the correct item. Right after he sent it, he sent me an email requesting that I leave feedback on his website! Does he really want my feedback? Laugh-a-lot
I'll stick to the recommended sites from now on.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 419 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 103 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 545 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,455 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Somnics iNAP experience after 1 week joshielevy 12 5,347 07-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 514 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Those of you who experience Hypopneas and not Apneas, what were your symptoms and how jz68 5 1,013 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.