Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad nights, How often
Bad nights, How often
How often do you people have a "bad night" meaning your AHI goes way up? What do you consider a bad night?

After a few pressure tweaks I've been running 1.1-1.9 AHI until last night.... 8.9 AHI.
I feel it today too..... VERY tired.

What's a bad day for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad nights, How often
You should make a poll out of this question.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
We all have bad nights. It happens. No two nights are the same. Did something disturb your sleep? Did you drink any alcohol? Any more than you did the previous night? Are you on any medication? Were you under stress?

Not that you have to answer those questions, it's just a sampling of the many, many variables that go into the type of sleep you have.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2012, 11:22 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: We all have bad nights. It happens. No two nights are the same. Did something disturb your sleep? Did you drink any alcohol? Any more than you did the previous night? Are you on any medication? Were you under stress?

Not that you have to answer those questions, it's just a sampling of the many, many variables that go into the type of sleep you have.

Interesting questions.... In my case I was EXTRA tired. A known cause for my apnea. My snore index was off the charts just before a swarm of episodes 2 hours after I fell asleep. Dont-know

Haven't had a drink for months...I must be due. Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Then there's your answer. It is good to be able to see the data, to know that "if I get x tired, then I'm gonna be even worse tomorrow 'cause I won't sleep well".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here where the autoset rule supreme as it can auto-adjust the pressure to your needs throughout the night
bit tired ...................................no problem
had a drink or two ......................no problem
It keep on working all night for you ...................you just can not ask for more Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 455 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 374 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.