Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP
Question 
Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP
I'm very new to using CPAP and the ResMed S9. When I started off at night everything was OK but when I needed to get up to use the bathroom, I had a real problem with getting the machine to start over with the Ramp up.

1. Can anyone help me to understand how to reset the machine so I can just go back to sleep? I tried turning it off and then on but it continues where I left off. The air pressure is too strong at that point for me to fall asleep again. I've taken to just not wearing it at all.

2. Assuming I did that, the next morning I want the machine to just be reset so I can use it the following night but I still have the same problem.

The most I've been[/size] able to use it has been 3 hours and that just isn't good enough. Any help will be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP
If your S9 is setup for ramp, then turning the machine off with the power knob, then back on should begin with ramp. Also, there is a ramp button next to the control knob that should start the ramp cycle. You can request a copy of the clinical manual from the forum http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual . That manual details the use of the controls and ramp function.

Admin edit: corrected broken link.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad link above. The period became part of the hyperlink.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 03:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: Bad link above. The period became part of the hyperlink.

I edited his post and put a space between the link and the period. Should work now. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll request the manual immediately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HughT,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 01:33 PM)HughT Wrote: I'm very new to using CPAP and the ResMed S9. When I started off at night everything was OK but when I needed to get up to use the bathroom, I had a real problem with getting the machine to start over with the Ramp up.

1. Can anyone help me to understand how to reset the machine so I can just go back to sleep? I tried turning it off and then on but it continues where I left off. The air pressure is too strong at that point for me to fall asleep again. I've taken to just not wearing it at all.

2. Assuming I did that, the next morning I want the machine to just be reset so I can use it the following night but I still have the same problem.

The most I've been[/size] able to use it has been 3 hours and that just isn't good enough. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi there, i'm a new user, but one way i got around problems like this, is i make sure to drink all the liquids i need, before 6 and absolutely before 7 at night, then i don't have to get up and pee......before i had that cut off point, i got up about every 2 hours....a real drag.....but now :roll eyes: at least i don't have to deal with that issue!
maybe that can help?
best wishes,

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2015, 02:02 AM)magicis Wrote: Hi there, i'm a new user, but one way i got around problems like this, is i make sure to drink all the liquids i need, before 6 and absolutely before 7 at night, then i don't have to get up and pee......before i had that cut off point, i got up about every 2 hours....a real drag.....but now :roll eyes: at least i don't have to deal with that issue!
maybe that can help?
best wishes,

Many people report reduced nocturia with CPAP use. Perhaps due to reduced spikes in blood pressure from being aroused by cessation of breathing.

I take furosemide (aka Lasix) B.I.D. --- and I take it well before bedtime.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My flow rate is a bloody mess, please help! marty1966 10 998 10-30-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Told to not mess with CPAP settings by PCP withtao 26 1,469 09-14-2022, 11:50 AM
Last Post: withtao
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,454 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Nocturia (Frequent Bathroom Awakenings) + Shorter Sleep Nights Sleeper396 8 1,041 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [Pressure] High pressure after bathroom visit Roamer321 15 2,075 02-18-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Roamer321
  Going to the bathroom lngtrm1 17 5,213 06-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation Newbie Help! -Diagnosed myself Just came back from DR - I want to bypass this mess! greatsleepismine 13 2,453 04-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: High Purity

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.