Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery Back up for Airsense 10
Battery Back up for Airsense 10
Hi All,

Is there a battery I can buy when I don't want to take the charger or if I am
not around electricity.

Traveling on long flights would be great without the water chamber and just a battery powering it.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery Back up for Airsense 10
Yes. Check out the supplier list at the top of the page and search on their pages.

Or, search the forum - an adept individual figured out how to rig one up for less expense.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I dont want to spend 400 bucks.....ouch.

I wonder how I can find that person to give me some advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ry+back+up
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Matza you can also use the Poweradd Pilot Power li-ion 32000 mAh power bank sold on Amazon for $109. If you use a Resmed, you will have to get the Resmed DC Voltage adapter. Respironics and other 12 volt machines do not require an adapter. This battery has enough output power to run most CPAPs over 2-days on a single charge, and is relatively small and light. It is multi-voltage and comes with a variety of cords and tips and can be useful to run a laptop and other electronics. A few units have failed to power CPAPs and the return policy allows for an exchange. Most work, but a few have tripped due to the load. Some people start the machine in ramp to avoid startup surge demand. Once running, it's no problem.

Have you ever figured out what machine you are using? Maybe update the profile?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 02:55 PM)Matzaball2016 Wrote: Hi,

I dont want to spend 400 bucks.....ouch.

I wonder how I can find that person to give me some advice.

If you think $400 is expensive you should be glad you don't live here in Australia.. we have to pay more than double what the price is in the US. Sad

Check as to what restrictions apply regarding batteries when it comes to flying, airlines vary in their rules regarding CPAP machines and how they are used on flights apparently.

For camping and emergency home blackout use I'm going to make my own powerpack from a SLA motorcycle or small deep cycle battery.. the lithium type batteries have been known to catch fire at times, so the sealed lead acid is safer I feel.. and I'm a motorcyclist, so they are what I'm familiar with already. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a ResMed machine make sure you review this battery guide from ResMed:

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/a...lo_eng.pdf
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I just paid $500 AUD for a DreamStation - Phillips battery.. The Australia tax is well high! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is having a ResMed machine. In addition to the battery, you have to use their monster big 12-24 V DC to 24V DC converter. Sorry.

They made it that way. So you have to buy their converter.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2017, 09:42 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: The problem is having a ResMed machine.  In addition to the battery, you have to use their monster big 12-24 V DC to 24V DC converter.  Sorry.

They made it that way.  So you have to buy their converter.

OMMOHY

Can't you just use two 12v batteries in series, so you have native 24v and avoid the converter?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 467 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,425 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,699 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 492 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 901 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 282 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.