Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery Pack for Respironics System One
Battery Pack for Respironics System One
Hello, I've been on Respironics System One auto CPAP since July 2013 and all is going well so far. I'm taking a long flight in some weeks and I'm looking for a battery pack for my machine according to the airline's requirements below. I would highly appreciate any help please regarding this matter as Respironics doesn't manufacture FDA approved battery packs. Requirements for battery pack:

- FDA approved
- dry cell battery
- protected from short circuit
- packaged in a manner that protects battery from physical damage
- designed with recessed battery terminals; or packaged so that the battery terminals do not contact metal objects (including the battery terminals of other batteries).

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery Pack for Respironics System One
Hi Katos, welcome aboard
Supplier #1 have a battery Kit for Philips Respironics and Covidien Machines sell for $208.99 and $328.95 for 60 series machine
Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

I would not buy one just for the flight, ResMed batteries are about $700, don,t forget plug adapter to whatever country you,re going
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Katos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know Respironics makes jell cell battery packs that come in cases.
Hang in there for more suggestions, have a nice trip, and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off the humidifier on your CPAP machine will greatly prolong the battery life.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some planes have power sources -- have you checked?

Also I have purchased small battery packs that would run my laptop; don't know if there is enough power in these but they are about 3/4" thick and the size of a laptop so you can put them UNDER the laptop.

Quite a bit of time on a laptop but might not work for your machine very long. YMMV
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 79 Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,820 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.