Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery Power Pack - would this work for camping?
RE: Battery Power Pack - would this work for camping?
Nicely done Jim.

It looks like TalentCell has some higher capacity battery packs that even have 24 VDC output.  It's extremely unlikely that the ResMed xPAP's would run directly off of the 24 volt output from these since they are quite picky.  Not sure what ResMed does to ensure people use "their" power brick (or a close enough clone) but they do something.  Some people have reported trying to run their ResMed xPAP off of two 12 volt car batteries in series and they wouldn't power up.

I haven't run the numbers but you could probably run a light setting on the humidifier with one of those bigger battery packs.  Not sure you would notice the humidifier being on though.  I might play around with some of these parts to make a short-term power outage solution.  Thanks for the info.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2020, 02:32 PM)RayBee Wrote: Nicely done Jim.

It looks like TalentCell has some higher capacity battery packs that even have 24 VDC output.  It's extremely unlikely that the ResMed xPAP's would run directly off of the 24 volt output from these since they are quite picky.  Not sure what ResMed does to ensure people use "their" power brick (or a close enough clone) but they do something.  Some people have reported trying to run their ResMed xPAP off of two 12 volt car batteries in series and they wouldn't power up.

I haven't run the numbers but you could probably run a light setting on the humidifier with one of those bigger battery packs.  Not sure you would notice the humidifier being on though.  I might play around with some of these parts to make a short-term power outage solution.  Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to what you find....  Since Hurricane Michael last year, out power hasn't been as reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a battery pack that 'should' have been compatible with the machine I had at the time. I couldn't get the cpap to power on with it. sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2020, 11:41 AM)jimc77 Wrote: I bought a battery and power converter last year about this time for a motorcycle camping trip. I wasn't willing to pay over $300 for my setup. With a bit of research, I found an 11,000mAh battery and a 24V power converter for $133 plus tax that worked very well for me. I used it with my ResMed S9 Elite. The battery lasted for 8 hours the first night and 8.5 hours the second night before the charge was depleted. I was very pleased with that performance. I did not use either the humidifier or the heated hose. The power converter also includes the DC electrical connector for the AirSense 10. I'll be getting an AirSense 10 next week. Here is the information for both the battery and the power converter:

Battery: TalentCell Rechargeable 12V/11000mAh 9V/14500mAh 5V/26400mAh DC Output Lithium ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Power Bank with AC/DC Charger, Black
Power Converter: 24V Power Converter for Air 10/S9 Series and Freedom or C-100 CPAP Battery (Battery Not Included)

This is EXACTLY the straight information that I have been looking for - thank you so much, jimc77! like

Two years ago, I took a motorcycle trip to AK from MT, and had my old S8 (12 v DC capable) set up to run from a Goal Zero 12 v DC set up that I had in my hard case.  At home it worked, but night one, it did not work!  For the next two weeks, it was delirium, and what should have been an amazing trip was frightening as daily I would "come to" after riding for a few minutes on auto-pilot from lack of sleep.  If you do not ride a motorcycle, know that this is VERY dangerous!  I simply had no choice.  By the time I hit the Yukon, I diverted to Skagway to mail the extra pounds and pounds of stuff back home via USPS.  I simply could not carry that kind of weight around without getting the benefit of good sleep. 

I too have the S9 now, and I am about to upgrade to the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset as so many other members on this forum have recommended - thank you all!   Thanks

Question: after having read the battery guide, are those DC-DC numbers assuming that you are running the humidifier?  Because I would just assume pack lighter and get more power for a longer time without even bringing the thing along.  Seems like a very odd data set to post for people who would like to get more power available longer. 

Thanks again jimc77 for the recommendations, making my purchases right now in advance of this year's motorcycle trip!

[Edit] For the group, any thoughts on this one: Ebay item 223972528842 (sorry, cannot post links yet)

22.4Ah has twice the capacity - no?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2020, 11:41 AM)jimc77 Wrote: I bought a battery and power converter last year about this time for a motorcycle camping trip. I wasn't willing to pay over $300 for my setup. With a bit of research, I found an 11,000mAh battery and a 24V power converter for $133 plus tax that worked very well for me. I used it with my ResMed S9 Elite. The battery lasted for 8 hours the first night and 8.5 hours the second night before the charge was depleted. I was very pleased with that performance. I did not use either the humidifier or the heated hose. The power converter also includes the DC electrical connector for the AirSense 10. I'll be getting an AirSense 10 next week. Here is the information for both the battery and the power converter:

Battery: TalentCell Rechargeable 12V/11000mAh 9V/14500mAh 5V/26400mAh DC Output Lithium ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Power Bank with AC/DC Charger, Black
Power Converter: 24V Power Converter for Air 10/S9 Series and Freedom or C-100 CPAP Battery (Battery Not Included)

This is the information I am looking for!  This seems like a great rechargeable setup for a great price.  (I'm seeing setups that look like $300+ and aren't rechargeable!?)

I'm new to this, so bear with me...

I want to get a battery setup for my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset to take for 2 nights of camping (hopefully more if possible, but we'll start there).  I use it with a pressure of 12.5 cmH20 and NO humidifier.  BUT I have the ClimateLineAir tubing.  Does that I mean I should look in the resmed battery table for a 8AH battery (under slimline tubing) or a 24AH battery (under ClimateLineAir tubing @ 30C)?

Thank you for any and all help you can give!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,792 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,337 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.