Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery System For Resmed Airsense 10
Battery System For Resmed Airsense 10
I have an Airsense 10 and am looking for an emergency battery system. I started looking at whole-house standby systems as we've been struck with substantial outages the last couple of years. I quit that idea as they want crazy money for the installation alone. I recently came across this type while looking for alternatives:

https://www.amazon.com/Enernova-Portable...B09SZ349TL

I also read where LiFePO4-type batteries are safer than other types of lithium batteries. I expect to use this for more than just my CPAP, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are regarding this kind of device. Does anyone have experience with them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery System For Resmed Airsense 10
Hey Anon, I have a LiFePO4 battery set up, 300 wh along with the converter cord from Amazon and I can get over 30 hrs.from mine, There’s many threads on this if you do a search. Some good info. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply! So, the biggest thing I've learned here so far is that I don't want to use the built-in inverter on any of these types of contraptions. The DC-AC/AC-DC conversion wastes too much power. Instead, KFD makes an adapter that does the DC-DC conversion directly and is therefore more efficient. I didn't get that previously.

I found this article helpful in understanding the different types of Lithium batteries:

https://solargenerator.guide/lithium-ion...-stations/

While not the most technical, it is understandable. My preference is for the LiFePO4.

It's likely I would want to use this for more than just my CPAP during an outage, say for coffee. That requires a bit more capacity than I would otherwise need. I'm looking at:

https://us.ecoflow.com/products/delta-2-...er-station

I know there are others, but one of the things I like is that their solar panels are waterproof, whereas some others are not. Now, it's about capacity, features, and cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
There solar panels are expensive! Look on Amazon, you can get something like this.

ITEHIL Solar Panel, 100W 18V Monocrystalline Portable Solar Panel, High Efficiency Waterproof Solar Panel Charger with USB/DC Outputs for Power Stations Outdoor Camping
Post Reply Post Reply
This works great when camping.  I can multiple nights out of a single charge (I don’t use the humidifier).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SG4QG47/

Oh, and run it from the dc, not ac.  Much more efficient that way - bypasses the transformer.  You will need a the dc kit for your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2022, 08:43 PM)Nightynite Wrote: There solar panels are expensive! Look on Amazon, you can get something like this.

ITEHIL Solar Panel, 100W 18V Monocrystalline Portable Solar Panel, High Efficiency Waterproof Solar Panel Charger with USB/DC Outputs for Power Stations Outdoor Camping

Yes, their panels are spendy. I could get the battery for $999 ( and do the panels from another source later. That said, there are some significant differences between the two panels. The one from Ecoflow is 220W vs. 100W from ITEHIL, and it also captures ambient light for an additional 155W from the back of the panel. Of course, those numbers are theoretical ideals but it does suggest a substantially higher grade panel. At this point, I am undecided about solar panels to recharge the battery. I am much more concerned with the battery itself.

One of my concerns is whether I can stand to use my machine without the humidifier. My sinuses get very dry when not using one waking me up and even giving me a bloody nose at times. If I find a way to not use it I can get away with a smaller (say, 300W), unit for 3-4 nights. If not, I will need a system with greater capacity and a reliable means of recharging it quickly. I am also partial to the LiFePO4 type of battery for a number of reasons.

Further reading has revealed that Enernova is unknown outside of Amazon and its own website. Jackery seems to have been around the longest, though several consumers have complained of poor after-sales support. Two companies seem to have highly regarded products - EcoFlow and Bluetti.

EcoFlow has a 512Wh battery on sale for $469.

Bluetti has a 537Wh battery for $499.

EcoFlow offers a 5-year warranty, while Bluetti offers a 2-year warranty. Panels from either manufacturer are expensive, though the recharge time for the EcoFlow claims to be the fastest in the industry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow-up:

After a discussion with my wife about what we might use something like this for beyond just my CPAP we decided to go with this setup"

https://us.ecoflow.com/products/delta-2-...2843773001

I also picked up one of these as suggested here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6H994Q

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice package anon! On the subject of other things to use it for. I have a usb plug in light bulb that I found on Amazon. Great for when you lose power. Gives us an update when you test it out.

With over a 1000wh you should get over a week run time. Turning off the humidifier but leaving water in the tank will increase run time and give you a little moisture. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a 800w computer ups for power interruptions. I get alot of power drop outs that cause the cpap to restart and of course I wakeup not being able to breath. It will give me a few hour run time if the power is completely out. Doesn't help during a long blackout but it solved 90% of the problem for $100.
Post Reply Post Reply
你买了吗? 使用该产品的体验如何? Enernova power station

-----
[Moderator Translation Note:]
From Chinese:
Quote:did you buy it? How is your experience using this product?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 71 7 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,979 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.