Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery backup report - real use
An elegant solution; especially for the PR 12V machines.
I wonder if the 12V to 24V Resmed up converters are designed for quasi-continuous use?
Or, just intended for the occasional need.

I have the up-converter and a 12V AGM battery on a Battery tender. I'd need to do the switch-over manually.
Here on the left coast we haven't had outages since the early millennium; and those were "politically" motivated (IMO).
They are predicting outages this summer.

I have an Astron SS25M supply (somewhere in the pile). I wonder if it has the Voltage trim to float the battery using the PWRgate switch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2016, 07:27 PM)justMongo Wrote: I wonder if the 12V to 24V Resmed up converters are designed for quasi-continuous use?
Or, just intended for the occasional need.

I don't know, but I would think they would be good for continuous use absent any warning or contrary instructions in their manuals or other literature. I would think it a standard thing for folks that live on boats or for others, like truckers, who sleep on their truck cabs a large part of their time.

I still have an S-9 I had before I found the PR560 on CL, bought and began really appreciating the PR System One machines. When I get a little further ahead on money, I will consider using the S-9 on this system with the ResMed DC converter, just to extend the life of the PR560 a few more years. And not end up just wasting the remaining life in the S-9. I think it may have like maybe 3,000 hours on it so it has a lot of life left. Though I do like how the PR machine works better.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 22 841 Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Smart start [and leak report] yankees123 5 140 10-20-2017, 01:06 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Prognosis and best way forward for new, unused and neglected AGM battery 2SleepBetta 3 168 10-08-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  ResMed AirCurve10 VAUTO sleep report terms breathless99 3 160 09-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Last Post: breathless99
  Backup Systems both home and portable bobd94109 14 348 09-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  My Dads Oximetry Report DavePaulson 13 675 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  Resmed S9 optimal battery runtime configuration questions Crimson Nape 4 163 09-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape