Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery for ReMaster pro
Battery for ReMaster pro
We are traveling to Europe for a month over the summer. Looking to buy or rent a battery for my ReMasterpro c-flex but not sure where to look. Wondering if anyone knows a place to rent it from. Tried to call battery geeks but the telephone number listed is no longer in service.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery for ReMaster pro
Hi Angiet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure where you'll find batteries for rent but you should find something for your RemStar machine on the suppliers list here on the board at the top of each page.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice trip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have thought about the battery route for long overseas trips, but that was primarily for the flight itself and most carriers are using newer equipment with power at the seats (may need an inverter if it is the 15V DC EmPower system (about $50 on amazon) if the equipment has not been updated). And that appears to be on the way out in favor of 110 V AC at the seats which would require NO converter - just plug in. So I am thinking I will go for the EmPower inverter rather than battery. May change my mind though. Call the airline and find out what aircraft you will be on and then you can find out what power options are. The customer service agent you speak with may or may not know for sure as to the power availability - or it may just be "yeah, there is seatback power - which if it's EmPower, would require an adaptor. I don't think most US lines offer those for free unless you are in business or first class.

Is the battery for the flight or for something else like travel to places that don't have any electricity? I would imagine those to be rare in Europe.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Following along the lines of what OMMOHY said --
A set of power adapters are essential to the world traveler.
In the UK, you need the 3 prong plug; and on the Continent, the 2 prong Europlug. Most machine power supplies will work on US and European Voltage and frequencies.

UK plug:
[Image: Moulded_and_rewireable_BS_1363_plugs_%28...tal%29.jpg]

The Europlug:
[Image: Euro-Flachstecker_2.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
For a quick rundown on electric power available on air carriers, see if you can get to the following site (I posted the original site but upon review, they are selling things from there):

Google "seatguru" then select the site.
When you get to the main seatguru page, select
Guru Advice tab then select
Gadgets from the list on the left then select
In-Seat Power Ports

Yes, I could have just included a hyperlink, but the page also offers some of the converters for sale, or links to sites that do sell them, so I decided against that.

Also, along with the adapter pics that Mongo included above, there are some "universal" plug adapters out there - IIRC I think I saw one by Kensington on amazon. These are not power converters, but for most all CPAP machines, the included power supplies handle both 110/120 up to 220/240V AC power - you just have to have the plug adapters to plug in the included power supplies.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 6 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,825 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,438 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,500 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,885 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.