Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel worse, not better
Feel worse, not better
After 2 weeks of therapy, I am more tired than I have been in a while. I have mask leaks during the night. Tomorrow I am going to my DME and inquire about options.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel worse, not better
It is probably just your brain and body adjusting to everything. It is normal. The mask leaks could be fixed with proper fitting (mask sizes, strap placement, etc) or a different mask. Not all masks of the same type are the same! Try several to find one you can sleep with.

Keep at it. Keep working. It isn't easy. Living with many illnesses, diseases, and conditions isn't easy. There's always some sort of adjustment that has to be made.

Let us know how it goes with the supplier. And let us know if there's anyway we can help you!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I felt worse for the first 3 days, and then gradually better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 12:37 PM)KarenK Wrote: After 2 weeks of therapy, I am more tired than I have been in a while. I have mask leaks during the night. Tomorrow I am going to my DME and inquire about options.

KarenK, going back to the DME is the best thing to do, keep going back till you get the right mask that fits and suits you, I went through 5 in the first month until I found the best one for me and then it took months to get it right. Some people are lucky and can get it right the first night, for other it can take weeks or months. The most important thing is that you keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there, Karen. Wish I had a nickel every time I heard this. For some reason many people do feel worse just having starting therapy. Are you getting good sleep, or are you subconsciously
sleeping lightly because you're monitoring mask fit all night? It's a two pronged approach to treat sleep apnea. Using the machine 100% of sleep time (yes, even naps) and getting good quality sleep where you sleep through the night and usually feel refreshed in the morning. Keep us posted.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi KarenK,
I know you are having a rough time with CPAP therapy.
I want to encourage you to stick with it, don't give up.
it does get better. Just keep trying different masks 'til you get one that works right for you.
Hang in there and keep us posted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Tonight is night #3 for me. First night included shallow sleep and mouth leaks (using nasal pillows). After making adjustments, last night was 100% better, based on software reporting and how I felt. Anxious to keep working at it. Don't give up. It's a lifestyle change that is very unique to each of us. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 07:48 PM)SleepEZ Wrote: Tonight is night #3 for me. First night included shallow sleep and mouth leaks (using nasal pillows). After making adjustments, last night was 100% better, based on software reporting and how I felt. Anxious to keep working at it. Don't give up. It's a lifestyle change that is very unique to each of us. Smile

SleepEZ, in the end, you just chuck it on and don't even know its there Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 07:57 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 07:48 PM)SleepEZ Wrote: Tonight is night #3 for me. First night included shallow sleep and mouth leaks (using nasal pillows). After making adjustments, last night was 100% better, based on software reporting and how I felt. Anxious to keep working at it. Don't give up. It's a lifestyle change that is very unique to each of us. Smile

SleepEZ, in the end, you just chuck it on and don't even know its there Wink

I really am feeling that way already. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.