Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery for Resmed ....
Battery for Resmed ....
early this year I bought a battery for my CPAP machine from Resmed (through my service provider health dynamics) no where in any brochure or even in the manual did it give actual running time with the heated hose on. The lady who sold it to me had just been to a resmed conference and she was not aware that the running time of battery is MUCH less than they say if you have the humidifier and heated hose on... I mean like a couple of hours!

I haven't re tried it yet without the humidifier but without a heated hose it is useless as I live in fairly cold climates and the mask doesn't seal properly if too cold.

When I tried to return the battery they refused and were not at all helpful. If I would have known that it wouldn't last a whole night - I would have invested in other power forms for our camping. I just thought that where we usually camp there is access to power to re charge during the day so the battery could be ok. They should be more specific about those things on their advertising and training for those selling them!!!!!

So now I am stuck with a battery that I have to charge up frequently that I don't use!! what a waste of money. I should have asked here before I purchased it - or am I missing something? Do I not know how to use it?

It's been a few months now so too late to fight it - but my husband was diagnosed with cancer at the same time and I didn't have the energy to fight it... now I am getting a bit mad again about it all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery for Resmed ....
Talk to someone at Resmed - the number is 1-800-424-0737. They have been very helpful. If the first person doesn't give you the answer you are looking for, go higher - and persist.
Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your going to feel a lot worse if you keep that anger in and not let it out in some positive manner. I agree with rm14210, call Resmed and persist. All companies want happy consumers, thats how they stay in business.
Good luck.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious - how cold is it that you would have so much temperature drop in two meters of hose that the mask becomes inflexible? Tried a hose wrap on an unheated hose? (BTW - the heated hose is only intended to stop condensation, not heat the air.)

Resmed has a brochure that shows the battery capacity/size for running various pressures and humidification configurations.

http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 03:59 AM)Ulrika Wrote: early this year I bought a battery for my CPAP machine from Resmed (through my service provider health dynamics) no where in any brochure or even in the manual did it give actual running time with the heated hose on. The lady who sold it to me had just been to a resmed conference and she was not aware that the running time of battery is MUCH less than they say if you have the humidifier and heated hose on... I mean like a couple of hours!

I haven't re tried it yet without the humidifier but without a heated hose it is useless as I live in fairly cold climates and the mask doesn't seal properly if too cold.

When I tried to return the battery they refused and were not at all helpful. If I would have known that it wouldn't last a whole night - I would have invested in other power forms for our camping. I just thought that where we usually camp there is access to power to re charge during the day so the battery could be ok. They should be more specific about those things on their advertising and training for those selling them!!!!!

So now I am stuck with a battery that I have to charge up frequently that I don't use!! what a waste of money. I should have asked here before I purchased it - or am I missing something? Do I not know how to use it?

It's been a few months now so too late to fight it - but my husband was diagnosed with cancer at the same time and I didn't have the energy to fight it... now I am getting a bit mad again about it all.

Ulrika, just on the camping, I don't go but a friend of mine that has sleep apnea uses a converter rather than a spare battery, don't ask me how it works but assume it runs off either your car battery or a generator. Hope your husband is getting better and if you don't get anywhere with Resmed you may just have to let it go. There is a Resmed site in Australia I would be surprise if they did anything because you bought it through the CPAP supplier but its worth a try and they maybe able to put some pressure on them to refund it, good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ulrika,
What others have said so far, you could try to talk with someone at Resmed and see what they have to say.
I'm sorry to hear about your Husband being diagnosed with cancer and I hope things get better for you both, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 156 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 291 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,710 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,007 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 275 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,557 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,638 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.