Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is this the correct ResMed 'VPAP' Machine?
Is this the correct ResMed 'VPAP' Machine?
Hello Folks,

After CPAP (ResMed AirSesnse 11- not working) and an in-lab sleep study my doctor has diagnosed me with Central Sleep Apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apnea and prescribed VPAP and ASV.

I didn't want to endure the long wait for the DME company to get a machine (8-12 weeks just to schedule an appt) so I tried to order a refurbished unit on my own.

When I asked my doctor for the model #- he pointed me to the model at this website:[DME Link Removed]Supplier #3  -Search for AirCurve 10 ASV VPAP with heated Tubing

I thought that I found the same model number (as long as I add the heated tubing) refurbished, here:  [DME Link Removed]Supplier #10 Search for Refurbished ASV.

When I e-mailed my doctor, he said, he was not 100% sure that they were the same machine, because the machine at the refurbished website says "Bi-Level" and I need "VPAP".  However, the folks who support the refurbished site, say that this is indeed the same machine, and that "VPAP" is just ResMed's name for "Bi-PAP/Bi-Level") and linked the following website: https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...-and-cpap/.

The SKU on the site is 37215 (on the refurbished site) and 37216 (on the new site - that dr. suggested) - I am hoping the only difference is the included heated tubing.

Can anyone help clarify for me? The refurbished machine comes tomorrow- and I don't want to accept it if it is indeed the wrong machine.

Please advise! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
sleepywex

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this the correct ResMed 'VPAP' Machine?
If needed others can correct as I've never used a ResMed 9 series. When you're looking for Central Apnea treatment, VPAP Adapt of the ResMed 9 series machines I think it's what you're after. If a10 series, it's like what I used and it's called ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.

The 9 series VPAP Adapt will be fine, but be sure to get the accessory humidifier H5i. The 10 ASV has a built-in humidifier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry all-  I didn't realize my links would be removed to the example vendor sites.

Basically what it comes down to is this question: IS the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV a 'VPAP' machine?[DME Link Removed] Search sleepdirect for Aircurve 10 ASV.

I've gotten mixed information- the supplier says it is indeed VPAP machine, and VPAP is just resmed's way of explaining its bi-level machines.

Thanks,
Wex

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
If it says ASV it is what you want.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
When dealing with ResMed's 9 series, VPAP was several BPAP/bilevel models from what I've seen. Again if you want the 9 series closely equal to 10 series ASV, that's the VPAP Adapt as far as I could find out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,358 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 272 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 572 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  CPAP Settings correct? nickng33 1 429 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,176 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.