Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stomach Sleeper Mask Options
RE: Stomach Sleeper Mask Options
And another stomach sleeper here.

I use the F&P Opus. I've tried several of the masks that people mentioned in this thread, but none of them worked for me. Especially when there was a tube going along the cheek I was trying to sleep on.

To prevent damage to my nostrils I use a little petroleum jelly every evening. It makes a mess on the mask nose pillows, but I can wash that off in the morning.

To keep the exhaust holes open, I use a small self-made pillow. About 20 * 25 * 2 cm (8 * 10 * 7/8 inch) It is a square with rounded corners. A round pillow won't work because your head will roll off. With this pillow I can lay on my stomach and turn my head from side to side.

Good luck,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply
Cps22 - the f&p Evora is like the n30i except they have a large size.. the n30 squeezed my nose at medium and the wide was massively leaky.

Happysailor - petroleum jelly is about the worst thing for mucus membranes like the nose.   The product below is a thousand times better

https://www.amazon.com/Aquegel-Nasal-Moi...19&sr=8-17
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Robbob,

Thanks for the heads-up on petroleum jelly.

I've looked at Aquegel. The second ingredient is Plasticized Base. This is made from mineral oil, so I don't see the difference from petroleum jelly.

Aquegel is not available where I live.

However, I will be looking into alternatives .

Cheers,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply
Just look for a product intended to be used in the nose with supplemental oxygen. 

I've had several people complain about bloody nose, skin irritation from the cannula, or just plain dry sinuses. 

The aquagel usually cleared us the problem in a day or two.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,878 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 517 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 554 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 637 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 576 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.