Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10
Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10
Hi, I'm researching battery packs for the Resmed Airsense 10, I've narrowed it down to the Powapack Atom, EASYLONGER Portable Power Station 266Wh/72000mAh and the ECOFLOW Portable Power Station RIVER 2. I would be wanting to get the most out of it by running it on DC power using the ResMed DC/DC Converter for AirSense. Has anyone used these battery packs for a cpap machine? Any advice welcome-are there any other battery packs I should be looking at? (I would be using it in the UK & Ireland)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10
Welcome

Welcome !  I would encourage you to compare battery technology that available today in these compact power stations.   

compare the lithium vs lifepo4.

Also you can get a aftermarket dc to dc converter on Amazon cheaper than Resmed and is highly rated.

When you run your cpap machine from a battery supply, if you turn off the humidifier and leave water in the tank , you will increase run time and get Passover humidity/moisture. 

There’s numerous post about battery packs and a google search with apnea board works good as your key words.

Hope this helps, keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I just purchased this battery and cable from the website named after a African river (hint) Jeff Bezos. I've used it twice, once on Airsense 10 and also 11 (two different cables). With humidity and climate heated hose turned off I got 25 hours of use on one charge ( 3-4 nights usage). Battery is TalentCell 24V Lithium ion Battery PB240B1. Cable for 10 is, Talentcell DC 24V Power Cord, 5.5 x 2.1mm Male to DC7406. If this post violates any Board policy please edit/remove. Apology in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post didn't violate any board policies. In fact, recent policy changes allow for the listing of a link, provided it is not to a DME or to an item requiring a prescription in the U.S. (I basically simplified the policy definition.)

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape, Here are the links to battery and 2 cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SWB...UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RFH...UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3F7...UTF8&psc=1
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2023, 11:18 AM)maskadon Wrote: Thank you Crimson Nape, Here are the links to battery and 2 cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SWB...UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RFH...UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3F7...UTF8&psc=1

Just so I understand for your first cable--the "Talentcell DC 24V Power Cord, 5.5 x 2.1mm Male to DC7406 Male Plug Power Supply Cable for Laptop, Notebook, S10 and More" does one side go directly into the battery product and then the other side goes straight to the CPAP? (in my case, the Airsense S10)?

EDIT: Looks like it won't work with the battery unit I am considering (Golabs R300) because I think that is only 12v instead of 24v like the cable indicates is necessary).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey vroom,

Yes the battery and cables I listed are direct from battery to cpap machine (AS 11 & 10). I 've used this setup with the 10 when traveling where the power went out at night, used for 6 hours and still had 74% left. This setup will not work as UPS, for that I use ecoflow products.

Happy Pap'n
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2023, 07:42 AM)maskadon Wrote: Hey vroom,

Yes the battery and cables I listed are direct from battery to cpap machine (AS 11 & 10). I 've used this setup with the 10 when traveling where the power went out at night, used for 6 hours and still had 74% left.  This setup will not work as UPS, for that I use ecoflow products.

Happy Pap'n

Interesting! So even though the battery pack outputs in DC in 12v, it's still compatible with our 24v s10? I am quite surprised to learn that
Post Reply Post Reply
check the link again, both 12 and 24 volts
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2023, 11:33 AM)maskadon Wrote: check the link again, both 12 and 24 volts

I think I am confused because the manufacturer of the cable says this:

"Only work for the Airsense 10, not other machine.【Use this 24V power cord with 24V battery to run your machine. Don't use it with 12V Battery!!!】Compatible with S10, some of Notebook and more. If you're not sure if it work for your device, please feel free to contact us to get support.
This power cord only work with the 24V output battery, and the size of the battery output port is DC5521, not other size. Please check the type of the machine input port and voltage before you order this 24V power cord to avoid buying the wrong cable."

It says only works with 24v output batter, but the river 2, r300 golabs, and other battery packs are only 12v DC output. How could it work in that case?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,350 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 119 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 166 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,920 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 296 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,729 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.