Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Battery usage, while camping
RE: Battery usage, while camping
Oh, when you get all your stuff, before you go out in the wild, think about fully charging the battery, and hooking it up as your power source for a few nights at the house just to prove out the system for yourself and to get familiar with hooking it all up and charging the next day so it's old hat when you get out in the woods. It's also practice for when or if you have outages at home.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all of your help! I will do that, when I get everything, I'll test it out, and make sure that it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
And then?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyitng to report?
Post Reply Post Reply
While we await his reply, I wonder if there is any 34 AH or even 50 AH similar batteries available locally or Prime? Ironically I have the exact same machine and pressure specs as Hansk. I have a week of scout summer camp coming up in a week so little time for shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, there are; in both capacities. Search for 12V AGM battery. Then, sort through the results for the Amp-Hr capacity you want.

One week to collect what you need is cutting it short. You need the cable from battery to dream station. Plus, you need a way to charge if away for a week. Will you have access to 120 VAC mains for daytime charging?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I just went camping with my Resmed 10 last weekend. I know the rules are strict about linking so I'll describe the 12v "solar generator" I used. It is small, red/black, About $140 and I purchased it on a website with a river's name... Whew.

That being said the battery is great. I got a solid two nights on my cpap while using the 12v adapter, do NOT use the built in inverter. I average about 12 in auto mode, of course no hose heat or humidification was used.

The battery can be charged on AC, DC, and solar panel. I just received a 25w panel to try out and I will report back later.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2017, 07:22 AM)justMongo Wrote: Yes, there are; in both capacities.  Search for 12V AGM battery.  Then, sort through the results for the Amp-Hr capacity you want.

One week to collect what you need is cutting it short.  You need the cable from battery to dream station.  Plus, you need a way to charge if away for a week.  Will you have access to 120 VAC mains for daytime charging?

Yes I will have access to power during day on property.

I already have a charger with AGM option. Also have a Battery Tender as well as the alligator clamp to cigarette adapter.

Is the fancy adapter from Respironics with the built in ferrite chokes required 9Est $29) or can I just get the appropriate sized plug source? That price is
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2017, 11:11 AM)Gunpowder Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 07:22 AM)justMongo Wrote: Yes, there are; in both capacities.  Search for 12V AGM battery.  Then, sort through the results for the Amp-Hr capacity you want.

One week to collect what you need is cutting it short.  You need the cable from battery to dream station.  Plus, you need a way to charge if away for a week.  Will you have access to 120 VAC mains for daytime charging?

Yes I will have access to power during day on property.

I already have a charger with AGM option. Also have a Battery Tender as well as the alligator clamp to cigarette adapter.

Is the fancy adapter from Respironics with the built in ferrite chokes required 9Est $29) or can I just get the appropriate sized plug source? That price is

went ahead and ordered the adapter. Says it will be here Monday. Hope to have a battery to test run by then so ready for following week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gunpowder: You can rig up your own "cable" (which is all the PR "adapter" really is). Just be careful of polarity; and fuse it.

GingerMan512: You can say Amazon. Just don't make it a link; or a pseudo link.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 114 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,337 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,441 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.