Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage FX
Humidifier: DreamStation DSXH , system one
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 17.5max IPAP = 21
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Be a field tester for the Z1
Sure would beat 18ah AGM battery and PR550p at the weight of 24 lb when ridding horses in the hills of WV to camp . I'm Guessing Respironics and Resmed are Freeking out over upgradeable software . most of there machines, software is the only difference between one model and the next one .

01-31-2014 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
JWR Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation DSX700 , PR 760 bipap auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage FX
Humidifier: DreamStation DSXH , system one
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 17.5max IPAP = 21

Other Comments:

Unfortunately I think Z1 was released to the public to let them test it , Rule number 1 never let the public test your product ! That's Great if you want every negative problem made public before you can fix it. Field tester would have worked with you behind the scenes to find the problems and test the fixes. Public only seeing the final product with good reviews from the field tester. Could be wrong? But most problems we're hearing are from a lack of testing. Still offering to help test. Dont-know

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 05:59 PM by JWR.)
05-19-2014 05:58 PM
Sinkiller Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5.4 to 12

Other Comments:

We are traveling to fishing camps in Alaska in July for two weeks then going on a three week holiday in France and England in August so we will be on the road a lot soon. A good opportunity to try out ur little machine. I am a retired marine scientist and have an analytical mind. I track my sleep therapy regularly with Sleepyhead software and while new at cpap therapy write fairly often on this board and Jason's. I was looking at ur machine as a possible purchase once ur made ur software compatible with Macs. This however would give me an opportunity to try it out.
05-20-2014 10:29 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Yup - I too put my hat in the ring. As a long-time CPAPer, I have many years of use behind me, and go trike/camping and such, so the use of this machine would be a real boon to me. But no one has come back to this thread (but us hose-heads) since it was created.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
05-20-2014 11:38 AM
CKJ411 Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5cm
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

I'd be down to try if this offer was legit, but it really doesn't seem so. Or it was long closed.
05-28-2014 07:23 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(05-28-2014 07:23 AM)CKJ411 Wrote:  I'd be down to try if this offer was legit, but it really doesn't seem so. Or it was long closed.

Well, the initial offer was definitely from HDM, but the folks from HDM haven't been around lately, nor have we heard from anyone as to whether they've been contacted by HDM to receive a machine.

From their web page (HERE), it looks like submissions for field testing have been closed, so for the time being, I'm closing this thread.

Thanks.

~ THREAD CLOSED ~

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-28-2014 09:22 AM
Thread Closed