Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beagle alerts to CPAP in International airport
Beagle alerts to CPAP in International airport
I came through baggage claim from an international flight on Monday and the beagle alerted to my cpap machine.   I told the handler there was no food in there.  He said that the beagle was trained to alert to any smell that might involve a mouth or upper respiratory system.  

Interesting way to detect food.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Beagle alerts to CPAP in International airport
Maybe the dog was tired and they didn't bring his cpap machine to the airport.

Post Reply Post Reply
@Pony - I hope your PAP bag was not in checked luggage, which sometimes gets pretty rough handling. I know ResMed makes a travel bag for the AS10 and AS11, hope they make one for the AirCurve 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same bag for both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2022, 11:35 PM)clownbell Wrote: @Pony - I hope your PAP bag was not in checked luggage, which sometimes gets pretty rough handling. 

That's a good point for everyone.  For most airlines, all xPAPs are considered medical devices and go carry-on (not checked) - and don't count as checked baggage.  There's a tag I downloaded to attach to my (standard) ResMed bag to remind everyone of that.  Do not accept alternative actions at the check-in.  Besides, I wouldn't put my life in a checked bag unless I had a backup at my destination.  

If you're going international, spend the extra time to verify that the local country flight rules have the same law.  If they do, print out their version of the flight rule.  If they don't, try to go carry-on anyway and put all possible regular carry-on into checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
If anyone is interested I've used a tag I created myself and then laminated. I've attached the template...

YMMV

Attached Files
.docx   CPAP Luggage Tags - Generic USA.docx (Size: 90.29 KB / Downloads: 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2022, 08:46 PM)chasmm Wrote: If anyone is interested I've used a tag I created myself and then laminated. I've attached the template...

YMMV

I’m interested, but the download link says I don’t have permission to access it Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,003 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Power Converter for International Travel? SaminDenver 1 510 12-12-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)? BHappy 2 1,376 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: BHappy
  HDM Z2 international purchase Eatts29 19 3,767 08-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: David Govan
  Recommendation on extension cord for international use vroomvroom 4 1,929 05-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Making a date adjustment after international travel Zedoary 10 2,960 12-24-2018, 10:02 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Trouble with getting my machine through airport screening dozydave 23 3,874 07-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.