Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been a While
Been a While
Hello!  It's been ages since I did anything on forums, and have found some big changes of late. May it all go smoothly to plan. I see the support and help to new users is as always unstinting and generous. 

It's also been a long time since I'd been able to check my data, apart from MyAir and looking at the machine info of a morning. 

I can't say that I've been feeling any better in the mornings, nor can I say that my sleep has been any more restful since starting on this journey more than 18 months ago. 

If possible, could someone please have a glance at this report to see if there's anything untoward?  Not much has really changed regarding my CAs, but at least I'm not feeling any worse. 

[Image: 4jWfZiDt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been a While
I see nothing of note in that info
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try 12 then 13 and see what it clears up. The 95% is 13.5 and it may be worth trying. You can always go back to 11.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, up the min?

Thanks both of you for having a squizz Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the min pressure.
The last 7/30 days has the 95% at just over 13.5
Your min pressure is 11 and the average pressure is 12. I think having the min pressure at 12 is worth trying. If that helps how you feel, you could try 13, just under the 95%. If you wanted you could also try min 13.5. That is what some labs would set as a fixed pressure.

There aren't any charts to confirm the frequency of pressure movement overnight. I general with 11, You have a SDB event, FL, snore, H or OA and the machine has to see an event, to raise the pressure after it happens. Then the algorithm will take the pressure back down again after a prescribed time and no further events. Then it will repeat the process. By raising the min pressure, you probably aren't going to get the events that would happen at that reduced pressure and have less events overall.

In any case it doesn't hurt to try
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
DOZA I prefer to see your daily charts before recommending a change in settings. That along with the fact that you had no statement of how you are feeling. Your changes in this region need to be more about how you feel than the actual numbers.
The game you don't want to get into is chasing numbers and your numbers are more than acceptable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought this was meaningful
"I can't say that I've been feeling any better in the mornings, nor can I say that my sleep has been any more restful since starting on this journey more than 18 months ago."
Post Reply Post Reply
And if the numbers were bad I would agree with you 100%

Where are the disturbances and what appears to be causing them. Then if nothing is apparent I'm not against bumping up pressure as an experiment. I tend to be conservative in my approach. I'm not unlikely to reach the same settings you do but more conservative reach them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both. Interesting discussion Smile
It's been a year or two of really big life changes which are slowly starting to plateau out in terms of our world rocking (not in a good way), which have contributed to many issues, including fatigue and seemingly fast-advancing old age.
I landed some fulltime labouring work which, while at times can be downright excruciating, is also doing me the world of good both physically and mentally. I've been doing that since last August, and my current job is permanent. However with metabolic issues as well, fitness and weight loss are still elusive, so I still have to carry this hulking frame around which has its impacts, of course. Getting up at 4am is also not my favourite thing Wink
So in many ways, my health is better than it was when I started- at least my mental health is. I suppose I was half-expecting PAP therapy to be a magic bullet in terms of lowered cortisol and 'better' sleep.
Yes, my numbers are fairly consistently good, so I guess this is as good as it gets.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2019, 02:44 AM)Doza Wrote: Thank you both. Interesting discussion Smile
It's been a year or two of really big life changes which are slowly starting to plateau out in terms of  our world rocking (not in a good way), which have contributed to many issues, including fatigue and seemingly fast-advancing old age.
I landed some fulltime labouring work which, while at times can be downright excruciating, is also doing me the world of good both physically and mentally. I've been doing that since last August, and my current job is permanent. However with metabolic issues as well, fitness and weight loss are still elusive, so I still have to carry this hulking frame around which has its impacts, of course. Getting up at 4am is also not my favourite thing Wink
So in many ways, my health is better than it was when I started- at least my mental health is. I suppose I was half-expecting PAP therapy to be a magic bullet in terms of lowered cortisol and 'better' sleep.  
Yes, my numbers are fairly consistently good, so I guess this is as good as it gets.

Doza,

Did you try ajack's suggestions of increasing your minimum pressure to 12 and/or 13?  If so, did your sleep improve?   It would be great if you could put up some actual charts from Sleepyhead or OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.