Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been awhile, but I'm baaaaack
Been awhile, but I'm baaaaack
Hi all.  It's been a few months, but I'm back.  I had a hard attack back in December.  December 12th to be exact, and I'll never forget the day. Got a brand new shiny stent.  First, and hopefully the last one.  Got me to FINALLY quit smoking too. Was that a big reason for my apnea?  Who knows and not overanalyzing it either.  Not putting my bi pap away.  I hope all is well with everybody, and everyone is staying safe with this virus still floating around.  
              Anyway,  my numbers have still been really good, even after the heart attack. I know Dave is gonna ask Grin  so, I have however started feeling the tiredness during the day again, but that I feel is mostly due to the new B/P meds I'm on, but my cardiologist and I are working on that and tweaking things. One thing that is "bothering" me is my breathing as you'll see in the posted screenshots.  I see other charts and their flow rates are pretty consistent/smooth.  When I look at mine there are a lot of jagged areas throughout the night.  As I said, all my numbers (pressures, leak rate, flow limits) are really good, but I wonder what these areas are.  Are they just from movement while sleeping?  If they are, should I get on a sleeping medication.  I know that sleeping meds aren't preferred, due to the more relaxing of structures in the throat. If you guys have any insight, I would appreciate it. I'll post the screenshots.  Two close ups and on full chart.

Thanks guys.

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been awhile, but I'm baaaaack
Brian,
Those close-ups are hinting that you are on the edge of having centrals. You could probably induce them by increasing your PS.
I would suggest that you back off to PS=5 and observe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wishing you the best with that ticker issue especially, and also with continuing apnea therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bweekzzz,
Sorry to hear about your heart attack, but it looks like your getting back on track. And good for you, no more smoking!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Bonjour.  I totally forgot I posted a thread yesterday.  LOL.  Anyway, backed off to a PS of 5 and things did improve.  There are still some areas with the 'jagged' areas, but not as bad as the night before.  I'll post the screenshots and see if you think it could be better. Lower PS more?  I'll post Friday night, last night, and a close up of an area from last night.  Thanks so much for the help.  

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you still have that waxing and waning that you had in your previous close-ups? Look for those. They mean you are likely near your apniec threshold on CO2 levels

This close up shows a simple disturbance.

As you know the numbers are excellent.

Changes should be based mostly on how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bonjour.  By waxing and waning, do you mean how the breaths flow is from bigger and smaller to bigger, etc?  Don't notice it too much in last nights chart.  Going by how I feel is a little bit difficult right now, until I get my new BP meds tweaked.  One of the ones my doc just discontinued for me was causing me to be super sleepy all day.  It should take about a week for it to get out of my system totally.  I'll just keep going with PS 5 and see how I feel in a week.  Again, thanks for the help.

Brian.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, breaths flow is from bigger and smaller to bigger is waxing and waning is a hallmark of CO2 driven breathing. The best example of this are with actual CSR which also have a central apnea event between each node or 'series'. You absolutely do NOT have this.

Holding at 5 for a while is not a bad strategy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Not using Dreamstation Go for awhile jds2001 0 619 06-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: jds2001
  CPAP Blows My Mask Off After Awhile dmorgen 17 4,563 05-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Gone awhile... DoubtFire61 0 705 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  It's been awhile ST1300 7 1,762 09-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.