Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been on CPAP for 4 months with only marginal improvements
Been on CPAP for 4 months with only marginal improvements
Been using CPAP since end of March and I haven't really noticed much improvement. It's better than nothing but I still wake up feeling unrested and require 9 hours of sleep or so most nights. I have no problems falling asleep with it but often wake up very early, after only about 5-6 hours or so. I've tried a few different masks, with nasal cushion, 2 different nasal pillows, and two different full face masks, and am currently using the Vitera mask. I've also noticed feeling bloated and gassy as well as drooling into my mask in the mornings. The other concerning thing I have is that my heart rate often spikes in my sleep, which I've shown with a screenshot of my apple watch tracker. My resting heart rate during the day is in the 60's so this number makes me worried.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been on CPAP for 4 months with only marginal improvements
Increase minimum pressure to 7-9, epr 1-2
If you feel 7+ pressure is uncomfortable turn on ramp at 5 cmh2o for 15 min
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been on CPAP for 4 months with only marginal improvements
Your pressure is spiking all over the place I agree with the previous comment to increase minimum pressure to 7.0 and consider using EPR full-time at 3. This will calm the pressure variations and really help your sleep quality by avoiding respiratory event related arousals (RERA) which arise from flow limitation. You are going to be surprised at the difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 545 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 264 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 849 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 210 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 271 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 395 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,750 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.